UKC

easy stuff near geneva

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 berna 19 Apr 2015
Hi,

My brother and his girlfriend just moved to geneva and me and the Mrs are going to pay them a visit over the long weekend. Can anyone point me in the direction of something cool to do with them over there? We climb a lot but they have never done anything so I am thinking along the lines of interesting scrambles.

I have only ever been to Geneva for work so would not know where to start and will welcome any advice or guidance you can provide.

Many thanks
Removed User 19 Apr 2015
In reply to berna:
How far are you prepared to travel ? Do you have a car?
OP berna 19 Apr 2015
In reply to Removed UserNangadreams:

forgot that, thanks. We are most likely going to rent a car. we would like something not more than an hour or two so that the ride does not take over the day.

If you have something in mind where cars are not required then that would be awesome as well
 deepstar 19 Apr 2015
 deepstar 19 Apr 2015
In reply to berna:

A good day out would be an ascent of The Mole, the striking looking hill seen from Geneva often mistaken for Mont Blanc. Described in Hilary Sharp's excellent book Snowshoeing, Mont Blanc and the Western Alps.
OP berna 23 Apr 2015
In reply to deepstar:

Thanks for the ideas; I was however thinking along the lines of the sunnighorn scramble or something like that. Perhaps closer to climbing than to walking. Does anyone know of along those lines?
 deepstar 23 Apr 2015
In reply to berna:

Well there are a couple of Via Ferrata on the Saleve.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...