UKC

Pegs on Reflections, Pentire Point

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ferdia 19 Apr 2015
Pentire PointReflections (E4 6a)

Paid a first visit to Pentire Point today. We did Eroica which was great and I was contemplating Reflections but thought it might rely a little heavily on the pegs in the headwall for a route already described in the old guide as a bit runout. Obviously it's difficult to have a peek at the pegs without committing to stepping round the corner. It was also a bit blowy to have a proper look down the headwall.

Has anyone been anywhere near this route recently who can advise on the state of the pegs? Very curious about it and may ab down if I'm ever there with the time to do so. I'm surprised a route that gets ** in the guide and *** on here seems to get so little attention (no recorded ascents on here since 2007), although I'm learning some routes in this part of the world can go years without getting an ascent if they're not in the 'right' guide. Now I'm home I've also found a couple of mentions of it on the web, one describing it as more like E4 5c and other E5 6a (Climber's club journal report of the first ascent). So it seems a bit of an unknown quantity.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...