UKC

Castle Naze Tonight

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mmmhumous 21 Apr 2015
Sterling work from the ambulance service and Buxton MRT, with some cracking helicopter parking! Great support from all the climbers there as well. Speedy recovery to the injured party.
In reply to mmmhumous:

Bugger, any info. Not being a ghoul but my friends were there tonight (Mynydd CC) but I was training with Glossop instead.
OP mmmhumous 21 Apr 2015
In reply to Pepper:

They weren't a member of the Mynydd.
In reply to mmmhumous:

Nice to know but either way I hope they make a swift recovery and are not too shaken up.
 JEP 21 Apr 2015
In reply to Pepper:

Steve

He is KMC not Mynydd. Taken to Wythenshaw with bashed elbow and cut head. Medics didn't seem to think it was too serious but he was a bit concussed.
In reply to JEP:

We appear to be sharing a few meets with the kmc gang this year, nice group of people sad to hear one got bashed up a little but great to know they should be fine soon.
 Ben_Climber 22 Apr 2015
In reply to mmmhumous:

What is it with Castle Naze? Seems to be a high frequency of accidents up there. I spoke to a MRT member last year (after another accident) who told me it was one of their most regular call out spots. Strange considering its not that popular and pretty small.

Hope the climber makes a swift recovery!

planetmarshall 22 Apr 2015
In reply to Ben_Climber:

> What is it with Castle Naze? Seems to be a high frequency of accidents up there. I spoke to a MRT member last year (after another accident) who told me it was one of their most regular call out spots. Strange considering its not that popular and pretty small.

More popular than you might think. I live nearby and there's almost always a few climbers there on a sunny evening. Catches the sun until late and has a good view.

OP mmmhumous 22 Apr 2015
In reply to planetmarshall:

Last night was the busiest I've ever see it, with 4 clubs/groups and a few others too, must have been ~30 there plus the MRT and paramedics.
 Ben_Climber 22 Apr 2015
In reply to planetmarshall:

I guess that is good news!
Great little crag, i love the routes up there, a few gems

Howard J 22 Apr 2015
In reply to Ben_Climber:

I think some of the grades there are quite tough. There's a row of S/HS in the middle which I find more of a struggle than the VSs.

The problem with little crags is that if you fall off you haven't far to go before you hit the deck. A friend once fell from near the top, nearly went the distance. His second managed to hold him just above the ground.
 Jules Lane 22 Apr 2015
In reply to Ben_Climber:

I called this morning and was told he was ‘comfortable’ and awaiting a further assessment by the doctor.
This afternoon I went to visit him, but failed to make contact as he was in theatre for his elbow. Although I waited 45 mins they could not tell me when he would be going back to the ward, so I had to get back to work. I can only assume his head injury may not be too bad as they were dealing with the arm…
If you wish to visit he is on ward A5, 10-12 and 2-4.
 planetmarshall 28 Apr 2015
In reply to mmmhumous:

Probably won't be as popular this evening, it's currently snowing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...