UKC

What climbing areas can I woof near in Europe?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Morgan P 22 Apr 2015
I'm toying with the idea of going travelling and woofing for a while around some crags in Europe (woofing is where you work for a few days a week and in return you get free accommodation and food). The only one I know of is the Olive Branch near Malaga, what other places take on people looking for this kind of agreement?

Trying to work out what sort of route / countries I would be able to plan in depending on where would do this kind of thing!

Thanks in advance
 beardy mike 22 Apr 2015
In reply to Morgan P: I have a friend looking for woofers in col di Rocca in the central Dolomites. Mail me if you want details.

john arran 22 Apr 2015
In reply to Morgan P:
We often have people on a similar arrangement here at Chez Arran in Ariège. Usually we find it works best if there are two people or a couple together as they have company, but sometimes single people work out fine.
Certainly we'd be interested in anyone wanting to be here during June, and possibly later in the summer too.

Edited for typo
Post edited at 08:53
 LeeWood 22 Apr 2015
In reply to Morgan P:

Ours isn't a major climbing zone but there's >6 local crags; ariege and spain under 2hrs travel. Look for us as Ancienne Porcherie / Izaut Rustica in the WWOOF France directory.
OP Morgan P 23 Apr 2015
In reply to beardy mike:

Hey thank you for the reply! I'm still considering options and wanted to test the water and see what places do do woofing near. I've bookmarked the tab and I'll definitely mail you if I go ahead with it and need some contact details! Thanks again,
Morgan
OP Morgan P 23 Apr 2015
In reply to john arran:

Hey thank you for the reply! It all depends on whether I accept a PhD or not or whether another plan works etc so I'm really not certain on things yet but wanted to test the water and see where is possible to go and make a route out of it all. That's great that you guys take on people - I looked at your website and it's exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for! I'll be sure to get in touch if it all goes ahead!

Thanks again,
Morgan
OP Morgan P 23 Apr 2015
In reply to LeeWood:

Awesome thank you, I'll be sure to get in touch if this goes ahead!

Morgan

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...