UKC

Trym Valley Gorge - currently clean?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Steve nevers 23 Apr 2015

Recall that someone had given this a bit of a clean last year and freed the routes listed as vegetated in the Avon Climbers Club guide, Just wondering if anyone could confirm this actually happened? I'm currently way to much of a Jessie for the E's down there, so if the easier bits are still filthy i'll give it a miss and head somewhere else.
Post edited at 19:10
 The Pylon King 23 Apr 2015
In reply to Steve nevers:

Me and Brian cleaned lots of routes a year or so ago. whether the ivy has gone rampant again since is anyones guess.
 afrosam 24 Apr 2015

If you do venture down there Steve can you report back. Planning on checking out the stuff there at some point in the not too distant future...
OP Steve nevers 24 Apr 2015
In reply to afrosam:

Was planning too on Saturday but its starting to look like the weathers turning, so have to see what sungods and the second says..
 Robin Woodward 24 Apr 2015

Went there a couple of weeks ago and did Flake Crack (S), Elephant's Eye (VS 4c) and With Eyebrows (HVS 5a). The latter 2 were clean enough, excepting an abandoned nest in the scoop of With Eyebrows, which I cleaned enough for you to reach in with your hands, but no for feet. The normal topout of Flake Crack had some grown back brambles, but I managed to get through, the routes further left were much clearer.

There a fair amount of nettles at the base of Lover's Leap, but easily trampleable.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...