UKC

Buying from Amazon France

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Indy 25 Apr 2015
Theres a few items that I've seen on Amazon.fr that I'd like to buy.

Has anyone any experience of buying from them? I'm not fussed about the warranty but was wondering on delivery costs for multiple and heavy items (reasonable?) and time from order to a knock on the door. Also any gotchas?
Thanks
 LeeWood 25 Apr 2015
In reply to Indy:

I have just today been through comparison between .fr and .co.uk for the purchase of 2 books. Sent to my address in France it was nearly 3Euros cheaper to buy from .fr The purchase considered was via an Amazon reseller.

john arran 25 Apr 2015
In reply to Indy:

I buy from both quite often. Postage isn't usually prohibitive but often a seller simply won't deliver overseas. Prices are random; sometimes very similar and sometimes the Frebch site is way more expensive.

Intrnational delivery usually works fine.
OP Indy 25 Apr 2015
In reply to LeeWood:
Have you done the same but had the items sent to the UK?

BTW all the items I want are actually sold by Amazon rather than Amazon marketplace.
Post edited at 21:53
interdit 25 Apr 2015
In reply to Indy:
> Has anyone any experience of buying from them?
I buy from amazon.fr, amazon.co.uk and occasionally amazon.de

> I'm not fussed about the warranty
You will have a valid European warranty.

> but was wondering on delivery costs for multiple and heavy items (reasonable?)
Sometimes reasonable, sometimes not.
Take the guesswork out of it. Put items in your basket / panier and click 'Estimate VAT, Postage and Packaging ' or 'Estimez vos taxes et frais d'expédition '.

> and time from order to a knock on the door.
Depends where it's coming from believe it or not.
Many items I buy on amazon.co.uk are shipped from a French warehouse and some from amazon.fr are shipped from the UK.
Generally expect it to be delivered in less than a week either way.

> Also any gotchas?
You used to get hit for foreign currency charges by some of the banks. Just in case you still do - On Amazon's payment page you can now select to pay in the currency of the card if you wish.
Electrical items will probably have a 2 pin plug or adapter on them.

> Thanks
Post edited at 22:19

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...