UKC

Packs of replacement quickdraw slings?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TobyA 26 Apr 2015
Has anyone found a good place for buying a bunch of replacement dogbone slings for quickdraws? I realised all my main quickdraws are coming up on being 8 years old so probably I should be replacing the slings. I need a bunch of 12 cm, 18 cm and a few 25 cms ones.

Rock and Run do the DMM ones in 5 packs for a bit of a discount over buying individually, but I'd be perfectly happy to consider other brands to save a few quid if anyone has seen good deals. Cheers.
 Morgan Woods 26 Apr 2015
In reply to TobyA:

How much are the petzl ones....coupla quid each or something? The good thing is they come in 3 lengths so it's good to have some of each .
OP TobyA 26 Apr 2015
In reply to Morgan Woods:

They start at £3.50 (which seems about average for all the brands) for the shortest. I know just buying one or two isn't too much but I need at least ten so it adds up and I'm temporarily a student once more so a bit skint!

I was wondering if anyone had seen a shop that does packs, perhaps from one of the Eastern European brands like Singing Rock, for less. Oddly I've seen at least on one French webshop, they sell DMM ones for less in Euros than you pay in pounds in the UK! I think its €10 shipping but even including that, if I buy enough its marginally less than from one of the good British webshops. Interesting how the economics of that works out.
 PPP 26 Apr 2015
In reply to TobyA:

A little bit cheaper here? http://www.bergfreunde.co.uk/s/quickdraw--sling/

Well, I am sure you would be able to find people who would like some bits from Hanibal.cz (they offer a free shipping if you buy over approx. 200 pounds). Their cheapest sling is 1 pound only: http://www.hanibal.cz/vybaveni/horolezecke-vybaveni/smycky/620-singing-rock...

However, when I bought from them, they sent me a wrong rope (the same model name, but wrong length and treatment). I still believe that it's worth doing an order given they have some equipment I really like (for example, Ocun Hawk or Camp Photon wiregates are brilliant).
In reply to TobyA:

Banana fingers stock most makes and dogbones, I'm sure if you contacted them they'd be happy to do a deal.
 winhill 26 Apr 2015
In reply to TobyA:

try alpkit, they had some of their own label owns, I got a handful, don't know if they're on general sale.
 HeMa 26 Apr 2015
In reply to TobyA:

For sport or for trad?

For sport, Petzl spirit draws are hard to beat (and really good).

For trad, some cheapo 10cm dyneemas, a few ~17cm ones and the rest 60cm dyneema alpine draws.
 teltrabm 29 Apr 2015
In reply to TobyA:

misterclimbing sells cheap dogbones although you have to pay £6 for shipping you wouldn't have to buy many at £1.35 vs £3.50 to make that back

http://www.misterclimbing.com/uk/Online_price.aspx?KONG_Sling_Express_12cm_...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...