UKC

long 2man tent needed

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 colina 28 Apr 2015
at 6'6" approx,looking to get a tent suitable for wild camping ,probably looking at a "2 man tent" ,needs to be reasonably light but length is more important.
(no innuendo intended ) thx colin.
 IPPurewater 28 Apr 2015
In reply to colina:

A very tall friend used to use a Macpac Minaret. It would be worth you looking at one in a shop.

IPP
cb294 28 Apr 2015
In reply to colina:

Vaude has a couple of tents (Mark L) with an external frame and 230 cm inner tent length,

CB
 UKC Forums 28 Apr 2015
This thread was started in the ROCKTALK forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Climbing Gear
Post all your climbing gear-related questions here. You know how you love comparing Friends with Camalots!

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/info/forums.html
 Pkrynicki1984 28 Apr 2015
In reply to colina:

I'm 6ft 4 and my Hilleberg Nallo 2 fits great!
 Damo 28 Apr 2015
In reply to colina:

I'm 6'7"

Macpac Minaret is nearly 7ft on the long side, thanks to an angled floor. They're good tents, but not freestanding (if that matters) and barely high enough to sit up in.

Hilleberg Jannu is quite long and strong but has a dodgy mismatch between fly door sill and tent door bottom (rain gets in).

Bibler (BD) Tempest is also long and is one I use regularly. It's a bit heavy for lightweight backpacking or climbing though.
 knighty 28 Apr 2015
In reply to colina:

The Coleman Cobra tents have loads of length. I am 6'2" and I sleep with my bag at my feet. Might not be as lightweight as the others but I picked up the 3 man for £80 last year... It has survived the 10ish camping trips very well so far.
OP colina 28 Apr 2015
In reply to knighty:

checked out the cobra ,it looks like this could be the length and weight is good that I need ,however lookin at a lot if the reviews some people say there is like 7 foot of inner room length (which would be good but not necessary as I am 6'6") and one guy said at 6'4" you may be stuggling !!! just wanted to confirm with you your measurements before I send off my childrens inheritence
!,,your 6'2" how much room do u reckon you would have left at your feet ?? thx colin.
In reply to colina:

Yhm
Ive a mint Lightwave G2 Ion X 2man used once
Complete with tags and all bits 2.7kg 220cm
7feet plus going cheap! Roomy with good porch
 Dave Rumney 28 Apr 2015
In reply to colina:

I'm 6'5" and also have a macpac minaret (only good for 1 tall person though as the inner is is not symetrical).
More recently I got a macpac Olympus which is a bit bigger and heavier, but also good for the tall.
 Siward 28 Apr 2015
In reply to colina:

I'm about 6'3 but in my winter (xl) sleeping bag with the hood up I'm nearer 6'9, at least. It's sleeping bag length that is ultimately the deciding factor since you don't want it pressing against the foot of the tent. Do you use a standard, or extra long bag?
 knighty 28 Apr 2015
In reply to colina:

Now that is pressure! I would say that I have a spare foot of space, without getting too close to the inner at the head end. Which is why I suggested it to you! However, the cobra 2 is 6 inches shorter than the 3, so it might be close...
OP colina 28 Apr 2015
In reply to Siward:

standard bag but good point .wot tent do you use to get 6'9" of space
 Robert Durran 28 Apr 2015
In reply to colina:

I have a Wild Country Zephyros 2XL Lite. Very light but I think they do a less light but presumably more robust version too. It is extraordinarily long but quite narrow. I am 6'5" but have loads of room either at my head or feet for storage.
 Siward 29 Apr 2015
In reply to colina:

A hilleberg nallo is my usual tent, plus a lightweight lightwave one man thing for backpacking. I sometimes resort to putting my waterproof over the foot of the bag...

Toerag 29 Apr 2015
In reply to colina:

Hilleberg Kaitum 2. You risk pushing inner against outer in a Nallo.
OP colina 30 Apr 2015
In reply to stevieweesaxs107:

bit too heavy but thx for the offer
OP colina 30 Apr 2015
In reply to Robert Durran:

hi Robert ,if you decide to sell your zephyros 2 xl at all let me know thx colin 07885453989
 Robert Durran 30 Apr 2015
In reply to colina:

> hi Robert ,if you decide to sell your zephyros 2 xl at all let me know thx colin 07885453989

Sorry, but afraid not for sale

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...