UKC

Election Literature

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 30 Apr 2015
We've had the usual stuffed pushed through the letter box. Irrespective of which party it is what do others do with theirs? Do you even bother reading it?
 MG 30 Apr 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

> We've had the usual stuffed pushed through the letter box. Irrespective of which party it is what do others do with theirs? Do you even bother reading it?

Read it and recycle it normally. Why, what do you do with it?
 girlymonkey 30 Apr 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

straight in the recycling. What a waste of money, paper and time.
In reply to mypyrex:

I forward them to you.
OP mypyrex 30 Apr 2015
In reply to MG:

You ACTUALLY read it. You do realise that they contain a lot of fiction?
OP mypyrex 30 Apr 2015
In reply to Turdus torquatus:

That's funny - I send mine to you.
 MG 30 Apr 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

> You ACTUALLY read it. You do realise that they contain a lot of fiction?

Really! You mean I can't take every word at face value? Wow.

Given someone has gone to the effort of writing, printing and delivering it, and the person being promoted may be elected and represent me, yes, of course I read it. Why wouldn't I?
Bellie 30 Apr 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

Its generic rubbish, but if we didn't receive it - the same folks would be saying "well I haven't heard anything from my candidates... don't even know who they are... why should I bother voting for them if they cant be bothered with me" etc.

I have a choice between a guy who looks like lord snooty, and one who is a ringer for Bernard Manning. The UKIP one made me laugh. In all of them they had bizarre statements that couldn't even be taken with a pinch of salt.

I did like the example on HIGNFY where it said 'INSERT NAME HERE' as the candidate.
 The New NickB 30 Apr 2015
In reply to mypyrex:

I've had leaflets from Labour, Conservatives, Lib Dems and Greens. I've also had a letter from Nigel Farage telling me why it is important that vote UKIP in my constituency. The letter mentions the constituency, but not the candidate, which seems odd.

All get read and recycled.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...