UKC

Chris townsend Canada walk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alasdair19 01 May 2015
Hello

I'm interested in when he did this and what route he took across the rookies? any knowledge
 Bob Aitken 01 May 2015
In reply to alasdair19:
I imagine Chris would be pleased to give you the details if you contact him -

http://www.topofly.com/kb3d/cto/contact.html
In reply to alasdair19:

Think this is the walk he got to the end of and thought 'dont think anyones done it the other way' and just turned round and walked back!

Second just shouting him up as he seems a really nice guy, if a little odd!
 Andy Johnson 01 May 2015
In reply to alasdair19:

Chris's book "High Summer: Backpacking the Canadian Rockies" has a basic, one-page map and a fair amount of route description. Second-hand copies are available very cheaply on Amazon. He did the walk in the late 80's, so route choices that were driven by resupply needs may no longer be valid.

As others have said, your best option would be to contact him direct. He seems like a nice guy.

Andy
 Only a hill 01 May 2015
In reply to Bob Aitken:

I've found Chris to be an approachable and friendly chap. He always seems to be happy to chat about the outdoors. I'm sure if you just email him you'll get what you're after.
Clauso 01 May 2015
In reply to Pepper:

> Second just shouting him up as he seems a really nice guy, if a little odd!

A little odd?... On the contrary; he seems to be one of the sanest people that I follow on t'interweb!

Perhaps I'm just odd too?... Regardless, I second emailing the guy and asking him about it. He's a BMC ambassador, these days, and has always readily replied to any questions that I've tossed his way.
In reply to Clauso:

> A little odd?... On the contrary; he seems to be one of the sanest people that I follow on t'interweb!

Meant with endearment, have you heard the story of his encounter with a bear on the PCT? And the decision to walk the Rockies in two directions one after the other! And many other little tales of his adventures, just madness and oddness in bucketloads and that is why I think he is amazing and just the opposite of so many attention seeking folk.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...