UKC

Yahoo email

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 j0ntyg 01 May 2015
Does anyone else use Yahoo or BT/Yahoo email. Now when you log in the first email on the list is an advert for financial services. This appears on all email accounts. It is impossible to delete and Yahoo has emptied the sent file in one of my email accounts and moved one sent email to my inbox with a tag to click on which brings up the email to which I was replying, almost as an attachment. They then boast about the "improvements" they have made.
Does anyone know how to get rid of this nonsense?
 LastBoyScout 01 May 2015
In reply to j0ntyg:

Must be you - I don't get that on my Yahoo account.
 Hat Dude 01 May 2015
In reply to j0ntyg:

Nor me
 hokkyokusei 01 May 2015
In reply to j0ntyg:

I occasionally see that. It's not there at present though.
In reply to j0ntyg:

Only get the advert email on the app and if I dont use Mozilla.
In reply to j0ntyg:

I don't get that type of ad in my Yahoo mail - even when I access my account directly via the Yahoo webpage.
My internet service provider is Virgin, and I normally access my mails via Windows Live mail - so it might be a BT/Yahoo thing.
Bellie 01 May 2015
In reply to j0ntyg:

There has been an ad at the top of the inbox list for a while now. It was very annoying to start with, but now I hardly notice it and I immediately focus on the emails underneath. The ads change regularly so it can be anything in there. Sometimes it disappears.
 Doghouse 01 May 2015
In reply to j0ntyg:

I get it on my BT yahoo mail. The whole formatting changed a week or so ago and I've no idea how or if it's even possible to put it back
 SouthernSteve 01 May 2015
In reply to j0ntyg:

This appears to be an 'improvement' in the BT Yahoo services and I am getting this too. Unfortunately BT have been so busy getting into television and football deals they have completely messed up moving their email accounts from yahoo to their own servers for many users. Emails saying the migration was imminent came out last spring, but this has been severely delayed as something didn't quite work. A migrated account (another member of the family has this) doesn't show adverts except for BT ones!. There are some accounts not working awaiting migration, but talking to customer services is like nailing your own hands to the table.

I would use an IMAP client if possible to avoid tracking, annoying adverts and keep copies of your emails.
 TobyA 01 May 2015
In reply to j0ntyg:

I think you can pay to get rid of the ads, but don't worry - give it week or two and your brain will just completely ignore it. My yahoo mail layout changed last year to include the odd ad, but it doesn't bother me at all. There are ads around my gmail too, but I don't pay for it so kinda just live with it.
 gethin_allen 01 May 2015
In reply to Doghouse:

> I get it on my BT yahoo mail. The whole formatting changed a week or so ago and I've no idea how or if it's even possible to put it back

There is an option there, I found it as soon as they changed it, I've no idea exactly where it was but it was somethig to do with classic view. Occasionally it pops up a thing asking if i'd like to try the new improved version but I keep clicking no.
 SouthernSteve 01 May 2015
In reply to TobyA:
re: I think you can pay to get rid of the ads
You pay for BT Yahoo mail - often quite a lot via your broadband bill!
 TobyA 01 May 2015
In reply to SouthernSteve:

OK, I've just had a Yahoo address for I think 16 years! So nowt to do with BT in my case. Hadn't realised people use Yahoo with BT somehow.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...