UKC

VW Transporter T4 for sale

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
pitya 01 May 2015
premier post photo
My circumstances have changed so selling my trusty Y reg. VW transporter T4 1.9TD short wheel base van in blue colour. It has been my support vehicle on my outdoor adventures over the years. Cosmetically it is a bit worn with rust at the wheel arches and a few other places. Some of the rust has been removed and painted. The repair colour is not matching so it is not helping the general look. The van has a dent on the off-side sill behind the driver’s door. It is hard to notice if you don't know it is there. The above faults do not compromise structural integrity. Mechanically it was maintained regardless of the cost whenever it was necessary. It had a new exhaust system, water pump, generator, all ball joints in the front fitted, just to mention a few of the repairs. The engine has a nice even sound like a generator.

It easily does 70 on the motorway and returns around 35 miles to the gallon. Recently it started flattening the battery when not in use. This issue can be overcome by disconnecting the battery, when parked for longer periods and only connect when the van is being used. The van is a button start. It was done by the previous owner for some reason. The floor and the sides at the back have plywood cover with insulation and carpet on top. A full width rock&roll bed is fitted with enough place for 2-3 people. There is also loads of place under the bed for gear. Beds like this cost around £750 on ebay. The van comes with a Eberspacher static diesel heater which is not functioning at the moment. The plastic fuel line connecting rubber pipe needs replacing.

There is 197000 miles on the clock but this type of vans can do high milage. It is a basic old generation diesel engine with much less to go wrong with than the modern ones. It could be ideal going for multiday trips or even down to Spain and stay in the van for months if you are on a budget. I went to Fontainbleaue on it and had lots of trips to Scotland as well. Long distances have never been a problem.

It is MOT’d and taxed till next february.

Looking to get in the region of £1500. I do want to sell. Offers are welcome!

Pictures http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1768120/

The van can be seen in Hull.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...