UKC

Road bike hire in Kalymnos?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi everyone,

I'm off to Kalymnos in a couple of days, which is fantastic for my climbing, but is interfering with my road cycling training plan... Does anyone know of any road/mountain bike hire places in Kalymnos? Google is showing me lots of motorbike/moped hire places, but I can't find anywhere just renting out pushbikes...

Many thanks in advance
 dmca 01 May 2015
In reply to Pink Marshmallow:

You can hire bikes in Masouri. From memory, two bikes was about the same as one moped but I could be wildly off. The quality was pretty poor but good enough to get along the roads, might be there were better ones if you paid more.
In reply to dmca:

That's good to know - thanks! Do you happen to know whereabouts in Masouri, or the name of the shop?
 dmca 02 May 2015

Can't remember I'm afraid. Think we just asked moped hire shops if they could point out somewhere that did bikes.
 Prof. Outdoors 02 May 2015

Moped hire is easy but there were two places in Masouri that did bicycles but they don't have many.
I thnk that these are the websites. If you scroll down they mention bicycles.
From what I remember the hire cost of two bicycles was about the same as one moped.

http://www.bike-rental.gr/
http://www.kalymnos-info.com/mikes-bikes/

Stay safe

HB1 02 May 2015

I saw quite a few climbers riding bikes recently. They seemed to be going at quite a lick, so the quality must be OK!
 Seymore Butt 03 May 2015

Have hired mountain bikes in Massouri in the past.Cost 5 eu/day or 20eu for 5 days. They were quite heavy steel framed units, but I,ve used them to bike round the island in both clockwise and anticlockwise directions, usually takes 3-4 hrs with stops for the odd beer or 2 on the way.
Every climber should use bikes instead of those obnoxious noisy scooters.

Al
In reply to Seymore Butt:

Thanks everyone

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...