UKC

Where in Austria for easy alpine climbs and sports climbs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I wold love suggestions for my two weeks summer trip to Austria.
Do you have recommendations for interesting areas in Austria that allows both easy
Alpine climbs (F and PD-), Multi-pitch Trad (French 4-5), Sports climbs (French 4-6)
After having browsed the internet resources on available guide books, and databases of climbing routes, I am somewhat at a loss where to start and not the least how to get an idea about the quality of the routes and how busy they are.
 tjekel 03 May 2015
In reply to Tooticki:

I'm usually recommending Dachstein for that - lots of everything, 1-50 pitches, both trad and sport and a few 'real summits' thrown in. Depending on your taste, you may use alpine club huts or accomodation in the valley.

Other recommendations: Stripsenjoch, Wilder Kaiser, some short sport, bolted multipitch, and wonderful if sometimes polished classics. Accommodation is in the Alpine Club Stripsenjochhaus.

These two areas can keep you busy for years or a lifetime.

The Muttekopf area/hut has all of your requested stuff, and a wonderful hut right in the middle.

Werfener Hütte tends to have more easy, well bolted multipitches and some cragging in a wonderful setting.

these two places can easily provide a fulfilling week at your grades ...

PM if you decide on any of these areas ...

In reply to tjekel:

Thanks, very helpfull! That looks as the right stuff.

Do you have suggestions for peak bagging on snow but without crevasses in eg Stubai, Zillertall, or the Glockner areas?
 tjekel 11 May 2015
In reply to Tooticki:

well, snow without crevasses is seldom ... Wiesbachhorn & Hoher Tenn around glockner, Sonnblick & Hocharn near Rauris - but no crevasses means no glacier. Easy snowy summits in the Ötztal alps.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...