UKC

You Can't be Too Careful - blog post

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 John Burns 02 May 2015
The helicopter lurches violently as it swings round the end of ridge and into the head wind coming down the glen.
“Good of you to come,” gasps the Man from the Ministry, as he struggles to get the zip to closed on his white protective suit. “As soon as we read your blog, we knew you’d be the man for the job,” he grins replacing his bifocals on his aquiline nose.
“You’re welcome,” I smile back. He proffers me a similar suit to his and seems perplexed when I brush it away.
“The building in question is just down there by the river,” he says, pointing through the glass.
“Oh yes, I’ve been to this bothy before.”
“Bothy?”
“An open shelter in wild country. Anyone can use them,” I explain.
“Anyone!” he responds aghast. “But what about security? What about health and safety? Who pays the council tax?”
I shake my head slowly, he rolls his eyes to the heavens. “Bothy, you say. How odd. You can see why it needs controlling,” he pauses seeking a more appropriate word. “Regulating,” he explodes in triumph.
I lean forward and whisper conspiratorially against the roar of the chopper engine, “Stamping out.”

Read more here https://johndburns.wordpress.com/2015/04/26/you-cant-be-too-careful/
 Bob 02 May 2015
In reply to John Burns:

Nice
 mountainbagger 02 May 2015
In reply to John Burns:

"So, in the unlikely event (you are a pipe smoker afterall!) that you are of an uptight disposition, or are perhaps a Daily Mail reader, the KPC may not be your cup of tea."

mountainbagger 02 May 2015
In reply to John Burns:

Always enjoy your posts btw, keep it up!
In reply to John Burns:

Tut tut. The members of the Kervaig Pipe Club are clearly not good bothy users: ash left in the grate, beer cans and sausage wrappings strewn over the floor...
 buzby 12 May 2015
In reply to John Burns:

Always like your stuff john, keep em coming.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...