UKC

Wheels that old chestnut, Dura Ace???

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jethro kiernan 02 May 2015
Building up a bike at the moment and front runner for wheels are the dura ace c24, I have been running shimano rs80 c24 on my present bike and have loved them so am tempted to stick with what I know.
On the other hand what are people's thoughts and experience on aero wheels.
http://www.probikekit.co.uk/bicycle-wheels/fulcrum-red-wind-h.50-clincher-w...

The bike will be used for triathlons and fast sportive's as well as hilly Sunday rides around north wales and hopefully a few trips to the continent
 Toby_W 02 May 2015
In reply to jethro kiernan:

Just about the best wheels I've had at the price for my weight and riding style. I will buy the same again.

Toby
 andy 02 May 2015
In reply to jethro kiernan: RS81 are the same rims as the DA C24s, but on Ultegra hubs, I think - so I guess it comes down to price.

I run Racing Zeros on my best bike and Racing Threes on my winter bike, but mainly because they're "tubeless ready" and the Shimano wheels needed special valves etc last time I was changing. If Wiggle are doing a special deal I got my Zeros for £599 - I have a spare set sat in my office because the price was so good!

Had DA C24s before these though, and they are bloody awesome wheels.

In reply to andy:

Racing zeros were another possibility.
 andy 02 May 2015
In reply to jethro kiernan: zeros and schwalbe tubeless are the best combo I've had - seem to have to get the tyres from Germany, but they're no more expensive than a decent clincher and tube.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...