UKC

Ski Weekend @ Deux Alps - Lifts Open?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 robbo99 03 May 2015
Hi guys, anyone know if Deux Alpes's lifts are open summer hours now i.e. from 8-12.30, or still running winter hours i.e. all day?

I'm going there may 15th for a long weekend to film a video for my kickstarter project.

can't seem to find this info on the official site or anywhere else
lostcat 03 May 2015
In reply to robbo99:

Winter season ends on April 25th. Summer season doesn't start until June 20th. Go to the official site and click on lifts and ski passes then lift opening dates.
 Stairclimber 04 Jun 2015
In reply to robbo99:

Bear in mind that if you have plans for heading up towards /over the Col du Lautaret for any reason that the Tunnel de Chambon id closed due to a collapse of the roof and may not open until just before the Tour de France is due in late July.
lostcat 07 Jun 2015
In reply to Stairclimber:

Is the road closed on the Bourg d' oisans side or the other. I'm planning on going down to Gap for a few days then round to Ailefroide for a bit and finally over the col d' Galibier and on to Chamonix. Would this last bit be possible? Cheers.
 yorkshireman 07 Jun 2015
In reply to lostcat:

> Is the road closed on the Bourg d' oisans side or the other. I'm planning on going down to Gap for a few days then round to Ailefroide for a bit and finally over the col d' Galibier and on to Chamonix. Would this last bit be possible? Cheers.

I've seen the overhead gantries showing it's closed coming from Grenoble for a couple of months now, but was driving near Gap this morning and more signs said it was closed so must be both directions.

You could cut across into Italy at Briancon and back through the Frejus tunnel - otherwise its a big drive on French roads.

Plug it into Google Maps - it knows what's closed and what's not - its has live traffic status now (they bought Waze, so know a lot more about the state of the roads in real time than most).
 tjhare1 07 Jun 2015
In reply to lost cat:

You will be just fine: the road is shut BENEATH la Grave but ABOVE le Freney de l'Oisans i.e. along-side the Chambon lake. Access to the Galibier is, as of last week or so (snow's melted) fine from the Briancon end - there's no need to go via the Montgenevre and the Frejus tunnel.
lostcat 07 Jun 2015
In reply to tjhare1:

Thanks for that.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...