UKC

Slanting buttress Lliewedd

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rodw 03 May 2015
At the age of 68 yrs just doing some diffs and v/diffs. Having done Amplithertre buttress last year without to much difficulty just wondered if Slanting buttress would pose any more of a problem
Rod
 ben b 03 May 2015
In reply to rodw:

Probably not, but SB is definitely the easiest line on the face so you need to stay on route at all times.

There's a faintly greasy groove up high which I thought was probably the crux, IIRC.

B
 Offwidth 04 May 2015
In reply to rodw:

Great long route. Climbing never tricky for the grade. Enough route finding to maintain interest. Good holds so not so limited by damp as other climbs on that crag. Summit finish.
 alan moore 04 May 2015
In reply to rodw:

Rock boots and dry it would feel about the same as amphitheatre buttress, though more balancy and less juggy due to the slanting nature of the strata. Big boots and rain feels more like severe; the little slanting groove (mentioned above) being particularly difficult.
 Offwidth 04 May 2015
In reply to alan moore:

I've done it in varied conditions... never felt severe to me. Entering the groove can be slippery but is safe. Someone made the point (Steve Ashton? ) its the only route on the crag still anything like the dry grade if wet.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...