UKC

Logbook grades different to route page - Database missmatch?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BStar 04 May 2015
I've noticed this a couple of times now, on some climbs (often ones that have changed grades between guide books) the grade on the route description entry is different to when you log the actual route.

Eg, Pandora at Vicarage Cliff is VS 4b, when you log it, it appears at HS 4b. The same for Terrace Crack and Sunset Crack at Froggatt, VS 4b & HS 4C in my logbook, but the routes both get HS 4b on the route description page.

I presume that the logbook is looking at a different database that hasn't been updated after changes have been made, can anyone shed some light on this? It would be nice if they matched up for all us OCD UKCers.
OP BStar 05 May 2015
In reply to BStar:

A bump for Alan?
 1poundSOCKS 05 May 2015
In reply to BStar:

> A bump for Alan?

I think it's been mentioned before and I think they're aware of it. Something to do with having a Rockfax and a UKC database.
In reply to BStar:

We are half way through the process of joining the UKC and the Rockfax databases.

The grades given in the Rockfax database (for routes featured in up-to-date Rockfax books, or MiniGuides, or on the App) will take precedence over the UKC Logbook grade and be locked at that grade so that moderators can no longer change them. This is to avoid inconsistencies between the Rockfax App and UKC Logbooks. Obviously at the moment it has actually introduced new inconsistencies, however this is just a temporary issue. It will be solved soon but it is quite a complex process which we need to sort with a number of other changes simultaneously.

Alan
 Oujmik 05 May 2015
In reply to BStar:

I noticed this too, looking forward to some grade upgrades in my logbook when the database is updated!
 alastairbegley 05 May 2015
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

does this mean that Ultravixens is about to be upgraded to E2 (appears as E2 in my logbook but not the route page)? This seems unjustified when it is E1 in the rockfax graded list, the rockfax route page, the ukc route page, the latest cc guidebook and on all of the votes for the route.
In reply to alastairbegley:

> does this mean that Ultravixens is about to be upgraded to E2 (appears as E2 in my logbook but not the route page)? This seems unjustified when it is E1 in the rockfax graded list, the rockfax route page, the ukc route page, the latest cc guidebook and on all of the votes for the route.

No, it means that Ultravixens (E1 5b) will appear as E1 across UKC Logbook, RF Database, RF Book and RF App. That appears to be a bit of a rogue E2 grade there (which I have just changed).

Alan
OP BStar 05 May 2015

Thanks for the reply and update, much appreciated Alan.

alastairbegley 05 May 2015

great, thanks for clarifying.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...