UKC

Who offered to belay for cake?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Climbyclaudie 06 May 2015
A while ago I lovely chap offered to belay for coffee_+cake!! I cannot have unqualified people to belay but I can fund you a CWA? Who were you...I lost your name!!
 LeeWood 06 May 2015
In reply to Climbyclaudie:

V generous but aren't you being a bit testy? I've taken a belay off persons who I don't know - and many of those will have been complete debutants. I reckon to get a feel for a persons competence fairly quickly, but have frequently committed to a trial fall a couple of metres above ground. When lowering off you always have the backup of catching your own slack rope.
Removed User 06 May 2015

Where at? Sheffield somewhere? If so it might have been me, although I can't ever remember being described as a lovely chap, so it's looking unlikely.
 SenzuBean 06 May 2015

I didn't offer to belay for cake, but I do offer to cook for a climb.
 tehmarks 06 May 2015
In reply to SenzuBean:

What, as in you cook while everyone else climbs? That sounds ideal, what are you doing this weekend?

SenzuBean 06 May 2015
In reply to tehmarks:

I must admit that came out wrong!

(unfortunately will be in the Netherlands for the gf's family portraits.. :/ )
 Morty 06 May 2015
In reply to SenzuBean:

> I didn't offer to belay for cake, but I do offer to cook for a climb.

I misread this and was scandalised. I thought you were offering cock for climb!
Lusk 06 May 2015
In reply to tehmarks:

> What, as in you cook while everyone else climbs? That sounds ideal, what are you doing this weekend?

>

That reminds me of this...
http://www.yorkshirefilmarchive.com/film/sheffield-climbers?destination=sea...
proper fry up going on!
Climbyclaudie 06 May 2015
Well, if I were to accept cock for a climb my one true love may cry...the offer of cooking is tempting as my cooking skills are questionable...but I now have a couple of people who would like to take a CWA and belay for me. Thankyou for the interest...was really just trying to trace the guy who offered in my original post a few weeks ago.
 Hyphin 06 May 2015

Are you seriously offering to pay for someone's CWA training (£100-150), assessment (£100) and the first aid training (£100) they need before they can be assessed, just so they can belay for you. Especially as they should be competent a belayer before before they present for training?

Anybody fancy funding a wee MIA for me, honest I'd take you out climbing!!!
 Steve Perry 06 May 2015

> Well, if I were to accept cock for a climb my one true love may cry...

I bet they would!!

deepsoup 06 May 2015
In reply to Hyphin:
> Are you seriously offering to pay for someone's CWA training ... ... just so they can belay for you.

I suspect not. (Though if you are, Climbyclaudie - get a grip!)
The vibe I'm getting is that the OP is looking for volunteers to work with groups of kids or sommat.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...