UKC

MIA Trainee in North Wales offering free instruction

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kate Edhouse 07 May 2015
Hi all,

I am an MIA (Mountaineering Instructors Award) trainee looking for people to take out in the hills, scrambling, single and multi-pitch rock climbing and people wanting to learn to lead.

As part of my consolidation between training and assessment I have to gain teaching days and experience with novice or improving climbers.

It would be ideal if you and friend where keen, but if possible I could pair you up, or go out on a one to one basis. We could look at all variety of skills from easy scrambling to getting a few more leads under your belt.

I live in North Wales (very close to Snowdon) and have a car, ropes, rack etc. If your interested please drop me an email on here or at eddyedhouse@hotmail.com. It would be handy if you could include your previous experience and any kit you already have!

Just to make it uber clear...I am not yet qualified, which means although I have done the training I have not yet been assessed. I also do not have insurance that would cover you, if you feel it necessary you should have your own (BMC do great insurance!).

Thank you!

Kate Edhouse

sdyoung1992 15 May 2015
In reply to Kate Edhouse:

Hi,

I'm manchester based and was wondering when and where abouts this would take place?

Sean
 wobblydave 15 May 2015

hi Kate
I am going for assessment next month and am looking for other aspirants to consolodate scrambling skills with.
I am in Wales 27th 28th and 29th of May if you are free and want to get out?

Dave
 GaborS 21 May 2015

Hi Kate,

I normally go to Snowdonia with my wife to do scrambling, hill walking or scrambling. I am a little bit pre-occupied at the moment as we are waiting for the arrival of our first child, but I would like to receive some training in the future once things calmed down a little bit. I think I should be able to go away for a weekend in late summer.
Please let me know if you think you'll be free in a couple of months' time.

Feel free to ask if you need more details about me.

Many thanks,
Gabor
 Jamie B 22 May 2015
In reply to Ourea:

In a couple of months she'll hopefully be qualified and will be charging you!

Hi Kate

My name is Michael Morrell, i'm new to climbing outdoors, but I regally climb indoors around 3 times a week.

I'm doing a introductory learn to lead course and multi-pitch course in the end of June which I will be doing relatively easy routes on.

I would like to be a technical alpinist and i'm aiming to do more severe grades outside after I finish the course. To do this I still need someone to climb with outside who's ahead of me and can offer further instruction so I can improve outdoors.

I am also looking for someone to climb who can offer climbing knowledge as i'm aiming to get my SPA and get wanting to get lots of routes in over the summer.

I'm pretty keen to climb and I have a full traditional rack excluding ropes and 'friends' that i'm happy for us to use together.

I'm based in Liverpool and free to go down to North Wales 2 or 3 days a week, I hope we can figure something out?

Cheers

Michael

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...