UKC

Postal Vote - did your arrive?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Philip 07 May 2015
Just gauging how big a problem this is, the only other person I spoke to also failed to get theirs (different electoral office).

I applied for mine when I realised my work trip wouldn't get me back until tomorrow. That was before the deadline and two weeks before I left for the trip. Nothing arrived and as far as I'm aware nothing has arrived in the 2 weeks I've been away.

My colleague applied for his much earlier (he had more warning of the dates), his arrived on Monday of this week despite him letting them know he needed it 2 weeks before the GE. His wife rand the electoral office and complained and their advice was to forge his signature! She won't as it's not worth risking electoral fraud on the over-the-phone advice of someone who clearly shouldn't be giving it.

Anyone else fail to get their form. Mine would have been east staffs, and the other south staffs.
 summo 07 May 2015
In reply to Philip:

I wouldn't have had mine had I not made 2 international phone calls to sort them out. Terrible service. Wonder how many voters miss out.
 cander 07 May 2015
In reply to Philip:

Yep - Penrith and the Borders
 Doghouse 07 May 2015
In reply to Philip:

Yes.
 wercat 07 May 2015
In reply to Philip:

~It has happened to me in the past, also caused by being away working. I was livid.
 StuDoig 07 May 2015
In reply to Philip:

Mine arrived in good time - I work offshore irregularly so have been registered for a postal vote for years. I've never had a voting form fail to show up though.

Last election though there were a lot of people (mostly in Tenements or sky rises) that reported not receiving them. Theory at the time was that some folk were collecting them en-masse from communal mail areas and cast false votes (or trying to anyway).
 Dauphin 07 May 2015
In reply to Philip:

Mine arrived today. Westminster. Applied a couple weeks before deadline. You do know you don't need it vote don't you?

D
OP Philip 07 May 2015
In reply to Dauphin:

> Mine arrived today. Westminster. Applied a couple weeks before deadline. You do know you don't need it vote don't you?

Really? Are you sure you're not confusing postal vote with the registration card? I'm pretty sure I can't vote from the U.S. today with no postal vote form.
crisp 07 May 2015
In reply to Philip:

Mine arrived two weeks ago, I sent it by return of post (living in Italy) then 2 days later I received another set of ballot papers!
 Solsbury 07 May 2015
In reply to Philip:

Hi, mine (ours) arrived in time but then she (or me, though I never saw them and had been harassing electoral people about non appearance) threw them in the recycling.
Managed to get them replaced as we left on holiday though I have been regretting my tactical vote ever since.
 goose299 08 May 2015
In reply to Philip:

Yes. Flyde

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...