UKC

Lumix alternatives

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mike Lates 07 May 2015
TZ55 has prety poor reviews overall and seems to be panasonic current equivlant to TZ 25etc. Any opinions welcome but I'm looking for thoughts on other makes that give similar results sub £200 budget. Please refer me to previous threads if been done recently.
Thanks, Mike
 SenzuBean 07 May 2015
In reply to Mike Lates:

Bought a TZ40 recently, and found it utterly slow compared to my TZ5 for taking photos. Takes forever to turn on, and to take photos (I thought it would be faster than the TZ5, but possibly they're using a microprocessor instead of a dedicated DSP chip).
The extra zoom is fantastic, as is the option of HDR (they call it 'Backlit image mode'). But it's so slow.. definitely worth testing one out before you buy (I had to go overseas so just had to choose quickly).
Ianfj37 10 May 2015
In reply to Mike Lates:

I take your point, I recently tried to upgrade from a Panasonic TZ7 to a TZ60 and the results were visibly not as good. I'd suggest you look at the Panasonic TZ7 - so old (2009) you can only get them secondhand but in my opinion a brilliant camera. It's only 10 megapixels (but to be fair the most recent equivalent, the TZ70 only has 12), a 25 - 300 zoom, image stabilization and the reviews it got at the time were very good - What Digital Camera 90% (image quality 95%), Trusted Reviews 9/10 and Photography Blog 5/5.

They seem to be going for £40 - £50 on ebay. If some sample shots will help I can PM you some.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...