UKC

Ten Tors This weekend!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Wainers44 07 May 2015
Far more important than that election thingy, its the annual Ten Tors Event on Dartmoor this weekend, when the effort, dedication and determination of a load of youngsters make a load of adults feel very humble....

Very best of luck to all taking part, and to all the hard working and soon to be sleep deprived adults who have helped them get this far!!!
 Mr-Cowdrey 07 May 2015
In reply to Wainers44:

I'll be there tomorrow hopefully all that hardwork training the kids for another year will have paid off. After all, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink!
OP Wainers44 07 May 2015
In reply to Mr-Cowdrey:

All the best to your teams! Horses, really, are they on the kit list??
In reply to Wainers44:

Good luck everyone, the cumulation of months of training and hard work by our young people and the managers who have been supporting them.
 Mr-Cowdrey 07 May 2015
In reply to Wainers44:

It would have made my days of doing it a whole lot easier
Wiley Coyote2 08 May 2015
In reply to Wainers44:

Bugger! There's the weekend shot. The weather will be horrendous. It always is for TT weekend. Or is it that I only hear of Ten Tors when kids are dropping from hypothermia all over the moor?
OP Wainers44 10 May 2015
In reply to Wiley Coyote:

> Bugger! There's the weekend shot. The weather will be horrendous. It always is for TT weekend. Or is it that I only hear of Ten Tors when kids are dropping from hypothermia all over the moor?

So there, what do you know....pretty good weekend on the whole. Warm yesterday with a nice cooling breeze, Claggy this morning slowly clearing from the north.

So many exhausted and jubilant faces today at the finish, and despite some of the tracking info being a bit duff our armed forces proved just how professional they are in dealing with simply huge logistics.....and they were all smiling too!!

Really well done to all the participants, organisers, team managers, and the parents. Top job!!!

As for the ones I was lucky enough to help train, 61 entered, 61 successful, not bad!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...