UKC

Crucial hold loss on The Right Mix (F6b+), Wallsend North

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AdamBrown 08 May 2015
 jon 08 May 2015
In reply to AdamBrown:

Glue it back on.
OP AdamBrown 08 May 2015
In reply to jon:

If someone has the necessary experience, time and resources then we still have the hold in our possession and will happily pass it to a local. I wouldn't know where to start, which glue to use or where to source it.
 jon 08 May 2015
In reply to AdamBrown:
Definitely keep the hold. It can be easily glued back in place - completely invisibly - using Sikadur, a two part resin. I'd have thought Mick Ward http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/profile.php?id=17970 would be the person to contact.
Post edited at 14:36
In reply to AdamBrown:

Lucky your ok. Shame about the route though. When will the first shelf come away?
 steve taylor 09 May 2015
In reply to sam.sam.sam.ferguson:

It must still climbable on small edges. Plus there's a bolt there now isn't there?

If not Mick, Marti or John Leonard will have the resin necessary to glue it back on.
OP AdamBrown 11 May 2015
In reply to jon:

Thanks for the contact details Jon! I have contacted Mick, hopefully he can help. It will be a nice excuse to return to Portland!

I'm pretty sure its unclimbable now as the loss of hold just left a completely blank section, not a even a razor edge between 6' of climbing.
Removed User 11 May 2015
In reply to AdamBrown:

Picture of what it looks like now?
OP AdamBrown 11 May 2015
In reply to Removed User:

will post but it will have to take a couple of days to get them from my friend
 tomrainbow 11 May 2015
In reply to AdamBrown: I have just spoken to a mate of mine who climbed this on Saturday. He said he thought it was a 'bit tricky' for 6b+ but still managed to flash it...no need for glue after all!

OP AdamBrown 13 May 2015
In reply to tomrainbow:

Fantastic, well if people are still happy to climb it without that hold then we are happy to keep the jug.

Here's some pictures http://imgur.com/a/42Gmm#w7OZ63L pretty impressive ascent of your friend. You can click to zoom.
In reply to AdamBrown:

Not the bit I thought had come off. Still looks do able.
 LeeHogarth 14 May 2015
In reply to sam.sam.sam.ferguson:

Yes, following Tom R's comment, I climbed it on Saturday 9th May. With a left hand on the jug rail, right hand on the black side pull, a poor right heel hook, and poor left foot smeer, dyno for a goodish sloper high with the right hand. I thought it was about 6C+ maybe 7A.
OP AdamBrown 14 May 2015
In reply to LeeHogarth:

Nice! We'll keep the hold then
In reply to LeeHogarth:

> Yes, following Tom R's comment, I climbed it on Saturday 9th May. With a left hand on the jug rail, right hand on the black side pull, a poor right heel hook, and poor left foot smeer, dyno for a goodish sloper high with the right hand. I thought it was about 6C+ maybe 7A.

To be clear, presumably F6c+/7a not Font 6C+/7A?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...