UKC

Cycling destination Europe over a weekend

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dr Avinash Aujayeb 09 May 2015
Getting more and more disappointed with British weather

If you could fly from somewhere like Newcastle or Birmingham, where would you go for a weekend of cycling?

Majorca? France? Any ideas?
 dale1968 09 May 2015
In reply to Avinash Aujayeb:

Italy is good this time of year, only a 3 hour flight quiet roads and friendly motorists
Dr Avinash Aujayeb 09 May 2015
In reply to dale1968:

Any place in particular?
 andy 09 May 2015
In reply to Avinash Aujayeb: mallorca - base yourself in Pollensa or Alcudia, short transfer from the airport so you can ride day 1 if you get a morning flight. Lots of good bike hire shops and hotels with bike storage, great rides in the mountains or have a flat day on the plains.

dale1968 09 May 2015

I have cycled both the East and west coast as well as inland, about approx 1500 miles, so I liked quite a bit of it; My favourite parts in no particular order would be;
Cinque Terre, San Marino(west of there) and Naples (Then head south) its all really good cycling...
 John Ww 09 May 2015
In reply to andy:

Another vote for Mallorca.

JW
Dr Avinash Aujayeb 10 May 2015
In reply to John Ww:

Great thanks. Looks like Majorca is the best bet. 2.5 hours away Friday night and back Monday morning
 Phil1919 10 May 2015

I think it is the flying that is helping to make the climate more unpredictable.......controversial of course.
 dale1968 10 May 2015
In reply to Phil1919:
And having a computer is so eco friendly?
 Phil1919 10 May 2015
In reply to dale1968:

I'm working on that one. Changing lifestyle is difficult. Making small changes like not flying come first.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...