UKC

craigmore/easy lowland crags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lloydfletch 13 May 2015
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone's got any info on what craigmore is likely to be like tomorrow? Lichenous and green? Or pleasant.

I'm looking for a soloing venue in the lowland outcrops area, nothing harder than severe once you get over 10-15m, up to vs below 10. Extra bouldering ideal. Sure there's nothing that great but am open to suggestions.

Thanks for any replies.
 JLS 13 May 2015
In reply to Lloydfletch:
I've seen reports of people bouldering at Craigmore recently so I'm guessing it would ok, thought one report did mention a dangerous loose block at sabre crack so take care. Craigmadie might also be good option for you. As well as the bouldering there is an easy low grade crag that you'd be able to solo on. Personally I'd just go to Dumby where the Sea Traverse might be your ideal soloing outing.

Edit: Also some the easy high ball boulders at Dumby would offer a "soloing" experience e.g. Eagle slab problems, Pendulum, Imposter Arete, Snooker Shelf, etc.
Post edited at 22:58
 kwoods 13 May 2015
In reply to Lloydfletch:
Craigmore should fit the bill as there is nothing over 15m, and a lot is 10m. Often stiff off the deck and easier top outs and a few good boulder problems.

Everything is pretty dry at the moment, just a small amount of dampness left.
Post edited at 23:06
In reply to Lloydfletch:

Beware the Craigmore Midges -- make sure there's a stiff breeze blowing. It's not the venue for a mild and humid evening unless you have a death wish!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...