UKC

Climbing and Bouldering - London Group

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
LudoIochem 14 May 2015
Hi there,
As there are few interiors walls in London for Climbing/Bouldering, some natural spots outside of the city and no real community group, I've created a Facebook group for Londonners who want to gather sometimes, organize training sessions, events, or session at Sandstone or other natural climbing location.
It's here : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1605536329658385/

The only idea is to meet people and socialize around climbing/bouldering in London.
 Climber_Bill 14 May 2015
In reply to LudoIochem:

> As there are few interiors walls in London for Climbing/Bouldering

Apart from;

Mile End
The Castle
Westway
Biscuit Factory AKA The Arch
Craggy Sutton
Vauxhall
Crystal Palace
The Reach

Those are the ones I have read about on UKC recently. There may be others as well.

In reply to LudoIochem:

> ...no real community group,

> The only idea is to meet people and socialize around climbing/bouldering in London.

Appart from The London Mountaineering Club, Croydon MC, North London MC, Rock Hoppers...
 Mike Highbury 14 May 2015
In reply to LudoIochem:
> The only idea is to meet people and socialize around climbing/bouldering in London.

Didn't Ken Wilson used to do this? See you at Packington Street bridge some time soon.

Speak to Tom Lauder at Mile End Wall, I'm pretty sure that he's still got the guide.
Post edited at 14:08
 nutme 14 May 2015

Or 'The London Rock Climbers' meetup group:

http://www.meetup.com/TheLRC

Those guys are much younger than London Mountaineering Club and don't charge any fees. I have climbed in Castle with them on several occasions and found it to be very friendly and chilled out.
Post edited at 14:22
In reply to nutme:

> Or 'The London Rock Climbers' meetup group:

> Those guys are much younger than London Mountaineering Club and don't charge any fees. I have climbed in Castle with them on several occasions and found it to be very friendly and chilled out.

The LIMC dont charge fees to climb on tuesday. Annual membership of LMC is £31 with benefits and discounts in stores etc. LMC does have a young core of climbers in 20s and 30s.
 SenzuBean 14 May 2015
In reply to nutme:

No fees to climb indoors with the LMC either!
LudoIochem 14 May 2015
In reply to LudoIochem:

Thanks for your answers guys !
There are few more walls yes, like the Hight Sports West 1, Hackney, Brixton and few others, the White Spider, Craggy Island Guilford, and few others.

Didn't all this meetup group, I'll have a look thx. This is just a Facebook Group, good to hear from others.

Thx again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...