UKC

anyone else having problems after windows 8.1 update?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 balmybaldwin 15 May 2015

I can't get onto the Internet at all, and my machine is now not restarting properly or responding anything like normal.

Anyone else got problems?

I can't even see any control panel icons
Post edited at 18:16
 ro8x 15 May 2015
In reply to balmybaldwin:

hmmm, i've just done a windows update and hyper terminal has stopped functioning for me, which is a pain in the are to say the least!
OP balmybaldwin 15 May 2015
In reply to ro8x:

Well after about 10 restarts its suddenly started working (I'm using it now)

cragtaff 21 May 2015

Windows 8 and 8.1 must go down in history as Microsoft's biggest blunder! Dreadful system, utterly useless, counter intuitive, pointless screens and options that surely nobody wants or uses.

Wonder if Windows 10 will restore some sanity?
 mp3ferret 21 May 2015
In reply to cragtaff:

> Windows 8 and 8.1 must go down in history as Microsoft's biggest blunder!

Take it you never used Windows millennium or Vista then !

Removed User 21 May 2015
In reply to mp3ferret:

Comparing Win8 to Vista is ridiculous. For all its flaws Vista worked like previous versions and didn't change literally every aspect of the OS that people were used to.

Win8 is just a nightmare, as a tech I refuse to fix machines running it.
 mp3ferret 21 May 2015
In reply to Removed User:
> Comparing Win8 to Vista is ridiculous. For all its flaws Vista worked ...

Erm, did you actually use it - it had some serious bugs deep down in its bowels. For one the tcp stack wouldn't redirect when it got a failed route. Been developing software for longer than windows has been about - so I now my stuff with this. Still prefer linux though (or vms - but thats just getting silly old school now)

But then again - I see windows 8 as an os - not as the daft aero start screen thing which is just an application running on the os.
Post edited at 14:28
 gribble 21 May 2015

yes, my pooter has died the update death - slowed notably and I couldn't use any browsers. It's off being repaired as I type, and I've been relegated to using Noah's cast off.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...