UKC

Any Adobe Premier Elements experts in the room?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 17 May 2015
Anybody know how I can change the presets for rendering videos?

At the moment the presets are set to NTSC DVD standard however I want to have them constantly set to PAL 1080p 25 but for the life of me I do not know how to do this.

I have tried researching this by reading the ADOBE help pages but all they say is that this information is chosen when Premier Elements is installed. I have removed and installed Premier Elements several times in the hope of spotting this feature but to no avail. I have even gone into my Adobe account and changed all my personal details to Western Europe but no matter what I do Adobe sets everything to the American NTSC standard.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
 Dan Arkle 17 May 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

possible red herring - but have you double checked your camera is using PAL, your input settings may make a difference.
OP The Lemming 17 May 2015
In reply to Dan Arkle:

> possible red herring - but have you double checked your camera is using PAL, your input settings may make a difference.

My camera, is indeed set to PAL. However Premier Elements is hardwired, so to speak, to start every single project with NTSC. I have to then consciously remember to change all settings before starting each and every project to PAL settings.

Removed User 17 May 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

can you go into preferences > device control> then onto options > click on the options tab then scroll down to pal> set that and leave preferences. I can do that on Premiere Pro but don't have elements.
OP The Lemming 17 May 2015
In reply to Removed User:

I shall give it another whizz and hopefully it will work this time.
 balmybaldwin 18 May 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

I don't remember setting it, but fairly sure mine defaults to Pal. I get a warning if I import Ntsc (from camera), It is also set in the outputs as default.

I'll have a look tomorrow
OP The Lemming 18 May 2015
In reply to Removed User:

Very sorry but I can not find anything that fits in with your suggestion.

If I go into Options, and then Device Control, I can not find anywhere that even suggests giving the option of NTSC or PAL.

Removed User 18 May 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

it seems that Premier Elements automates it based upon the input of the footage. I had a quick look on the adobe TV site and found this which may confirm that you have to do it on each individual project.

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-premiere-elements-11/changing-project-prese...
 richprideaux 18 May 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

You set it at export for rendering? I choose from the options on 'Save for Computer' and go into 'Advanced' if i need to change specifics.
OP The Lemming 18 May 2015
In reply to The Lemming:
My brain hurts and I think that I am trying to over complicate things.

If I want to mix Timelapse photography from a dSLR, video from a phone and video footage from a mobius camera what settings should I initially have from the beginning to the finished product?

The Timelapse is set at 24 frames per minute, which is simple as I set the camera to click away till I am happy.

However what should I be setting my mobius camera to?
Do I go:

50Hz or 60Hz?
NTSC or PAL?
Video sound MOV, AVI, or MP4?
Frame rate 25fps, 30fps, 50fps or 60fps?

And then when I actually get round to publishing in Adobe Premier Elements, what presets are best for publishing as best quality as I can get?
This bit befuddles me the most as there are countless settings that my brain truly hurts.

I don't want to spend an age creating my masterpieces only to screw things up at the end by ruining the finished project.

Eventually, I want my projects to play on a TV and computer monitor in as high a definition as I can have, which for me so far is a TV with 1080 resolution.

This is truly confusing.
Post edited at 15:54
OP The Lemming 19 May 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

Just got a reply from the Adobe forums, and it looks like Premier Elements gets set to NTSC or PAL on instillation and that is the only time you get to hardwire the setting, so to speak. After that, if you want to change stuff then it has to be done each and every time with a new project.

I tried the 24 hour Chat facility but that was as helpful as a chocolate fireguard, as in it was no help at all.

Don't suppose anybody could advise on my questions one reply above this one?

Cheers
OP The Lemming 21 May 2015
In reply to The Lemming:

> Anybody know how I can change the presets for rendering videos?

> At the moment the presets are set to NTSC DVD standard however I want to have them constantly set to PAL 1080p 25 but for the life of me I do not know how to do this.

Just in case, anybody who has Adobe Premier Elements 13 and is interested, I have had some help from the Premier Elements forums and it looks like the instillation presets of NTSC are set in stone and can not be altered to PAL.

Its not the end of the world, I just have a few more mouse clicks than I would hope, when starting a new project.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...