UKC

OI NEWS: The Arc'teryx Lakeland Revival is back

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 18 May 2015
Arc'teryx Lakeland Revival, 3 kbArc'teryx is proud to announce the Lakeland Revival will be taking place for the second year running. Based in the beautiful Lake District National Park, the revival will begin in June and run until the end of August, giving you three long summer months to get out on the crags.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=7300
 goose299 18 May 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

There's no route list?
 gav 18 May 2015
In reply to goose299:
> There's no route list?

The list seems to be in a protected google doc?
 Scott Quinn 18 May 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

I remember seeing last years list with comments after the "revival" anyone know where I could find that as well?
 goose299 18 May 2015
In reply to gav:

So either way, not accessible to us mere mortals
 mattrm 19 May 2015
In reply to gav:

> The list seems to be in a protected google doc?

Yup, doesn't work for me either.
 Simon Caldwell 19 May 2015
In reply to mattrm:

I emailed them yesterday, also requested access via google docs, but no reply and it still doesn't work
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

I'll send them a quick message now, I know last time I spoke to them they were still in the process of confirming a list.

That said, there might be a slight delay as I know that the member of staff in charge of the Revival (Katy Whittaker) is currently out in Rodellar. I am sure that she'll post an update as soon as she can, alongside an update on how those overhanging tufa hidden caves are going to help her get up overgrown Lakeland E4s
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKC:

Just had word back from Katy/Arc'teryx.

Apparently the deadline for the list of routes was 18th May, but they haven't yet heard back from all of the individuals/shops involved - hence the delay. After they've received this information it's got to go for one final check over at the BMC to get the official stamp, after that it'll be up/running.

Apologies for the delay!
 jseedy12 31 May 2015
In reply to goose299:

the route doesn't go up till june
 Franco Cookson 31 May 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Class. Keen to see what form this takes. Was planning spending most of the summer in the lakes.
 Simon Caldwell 01 Jun 2015
In reply to jseedy12:

The route list is now there.

Surprised to see Kestrel Wall on the list, it used to be relatively popular. Likewise Sadgill Wall.

And Inferno is included, even though we climbed it on last year's list. Maybe the quality of our cleaning wasn't up to scratch!
 Route Adjuster 01 Jun 2015

I did Kestrel Wall last summer, perfectly clean then so likewise I'm not sure why this route is on the list.
 Pagan 01 Jun 2015

Yeah, some strange choices on that list. Good luck to anyone trying to clean up White Gill Chimney or Intermediate Gully - or indeed, Fallen Angel!

Conversely, stuff like Cascade and Nimrod are pretty much always clean where it matters - they really don't need cleaning up prior to an ascent. It would have been good to see other routes on Pavey East Wall like Mother Courage highlighted, or the routes on Great End Crag instead.

Just spotted that, here's a link for those that haven't found it already: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n-w6ARA5oDymyzy5KZ15u6rgut8aZ7vZgKa...
 Scott Quinn 01 Jun 2015
In reply to Pagan:

I climbed nimrod last weekend and it was immaculate!
 Ramblin dave 01 Jun 2015
In reply to scott quinn:

Should've waited a week and bagged a free T-shirt!
 Scott Quinn 01 Jun 2015

Anyone know where the list from last year went? Would be good to do some...
In reply to scott quinn:
That's a valid point actually, be nice to know which routes are (or at least were) clean.

Here's a link to last year's list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1evBNUb0wuJ1Z6pdKZjI3TnxUcjv_lvnVC8Y...
Post edited at 14:05
 Scott Quinn 01 Jun 2015

Thanks Rob!!!
 Harry Ellis 01 Jun 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

Looking at last years list, quite a lot of routes didnt get ticked and couldhave been left on the list for this year as they are probably even dirtier!
 JR 01 Jun 2015

Rob - can someone make this as a ticklist on UKC (and perhaps add previous years too?) and keep it updated on there rather than using a google doc - then all the photos are in one place and an icon could be added to the climb if it's been done by anyone between a certain set of dates?
In reply to John Roberts (JR):

Hi John,

I'll be speaking to Katy @ Arc'teryx about this later today, will keep you updated with progress. The logbooks/ticklists/photo galleries would certainly be the most ideal way of bringing it all together, we'll see what we can do.
 JR 03 Jun 2015

Nice one Rob.
 ctodd 03 Jun 2015
In reply to Pagan:

totally agree.

pretty average list i thought - nimrod, flat iron wall, fallen angel - all clean last year.

maybe a new list should be started on here?!

JR 09 Jun 2015

Hi Rob, did anything come of this?
Post edited at 10:13
In reply to John Roberts (JR):

I've taken the law into my own hands and uploaded it myself, there's a few omissions but I'll aim to get these added over the next few days - here's a link http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/set.php?id=1133

Might head up there the weekend of the 4-5th July if you're interested?
J1234 09 Jun 2015
In reply to UKC Gear:

I`m just loving my new Red Arcteryx T Shirt, pity it does not say Lakeland Revival on it or something, but its still great

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...