UKC

Cosmiques Arete next week?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tony the Blade 18 May 2015
Good afternoon,

I have a couple of questions aimed at anyone in Chamonix valley - or that knows someone...

A) What's the weather looking like this week? And following on from that, is CA doable?

B) Is there anyone else that fancies giving it a go next week? (Not 100% certain yet, but I might be able to get away for a morning/afternoon).

Many thanks, Tony
 Pete Houghton 18 May 2015
In reply to Tony the Blade:

Big blue skies at the moment, but it's clouding over for the rest of the week, with unpredictable bouts of rain and cloud. Also, quite excitingly, there might be a second return to winter coming on Wednesday, with snow down to the valley again, as we had on Friday.
That said, Cosmique Arete is always doable, it just depends on your sense of humour!

I would jump at the chance to spend any time I can outside, but I'm working lunch and dinners six days a week at the moment, so I can't help you on that front I'm afraid. Best of luck!
In reply to Pete Houghton:

Hi Pete,

Thanks for taking the time to post the above, it looks like we might need skis rather than climbing kit haha

Regarding Cosmiques I'll probably wait until I get there and gauge it - I have a fairly good soh!

Thanks again
Hernani 29 May 2015
In reply to Tony the Blade:

Hi Tony

At this time the sky is completely blue, the 3' day in this condition. You arrived in chamonix? Rackets or sky are need to acess major routes, that was some climbers here said this week.
I am looking for partners to climb until next monday, 1er may.
reply me on the hcpaiva@hotmail.com
my fone here is 33 06.38.607117

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...