UKC

NEWS: Ethan Pringle repeat Jumbo Love, 9b

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 18 May 2015
Ethan Pringle, 4 kbEthan Pringle has made the second ascent of Chris Sharma's Jumbo Love an ~80m pitch at the Monestary, Clark Mountain, California, thereby joining the very exclusive 9b club.
Ethan has been visiting Clark Mountain for a decade, and working Jumbo Love on and off for most of that time, even before...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=69727
 stp 18 May 2015
In reply to UKC News:

Wow. Amazing news and congrats to Mr Pringle.

He was in Siurana earlier this year and had a massive head battle with La Rena Mora, an 8c+/9a in the El Pati sector. I wonder if going through that process helped him finish this long term battle. I also wonder what he'll get on next. I seem to remember hearing he had done quite well on Sharma's Es Pontas, managing to do the jump move statically some years ago. Always seemed to be a very talented climber not quite finishing stuff off. Perhaps this will change after this ascent.

The 9b club has grown massively this year already. I wonder if anyone else will join before the end of the year.
 Kemics 18 May 2015
In reply to UKC News:

that helicopter footage is crazy. California has too much rock.
 Morgan Woods 19 May 2015
In reply to Kemics:

isn't it a drone .....either way a lot of rock.
 stp 20 May 2015
In reply to UKC News:

It seems like a great year for Americans. This along with El Bonne Combat and Dawn Wall are surely the most significant ascents so far. Add to that for both female and youth there is Ashima's fast 9a rp and they've pretty much got everything. Not sure about bouldering though.
 owensum 20 May 2015
In reply to stp:

> Not sure about bouldering though.

... only the minor ascent of The Process in Bishop by Daniel Woods!
http://www.dpmclimbing.com/articles/view/daniel-woods-sends-bishop-mega-pro...

and then there was that whole debacle with christian core when they tried to climb gioia...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...