UKC

Wide, high volume, stiff shoes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RyanOsborne 19 May 2015
I know this comes up quite often, and the answer is inevitably 'go to a shop and try on all the shoes' but to narrow the search down a bit, I'm after shoe recommendations that fit the following requirements:

Wide fitting
High volume (arched foot)
Stiff / good for edging
Sticky rubber (preferably similar to Stealth C4 if possible)
Long lasting edge
Curled toe position for edging
Preferably all leather so less stinky

I've got Vapour V's, which are a great fit, but the edge rounded off almost instantly. And I've got Anasazi Pinks but they're not stiff enough to feel confident on small holds.

I was thinking something similar to the old Anasazi Whites. Has anyone tried on the 5.10 Stonelands for fit?
 druss 19 May 2015
In reply to RyanOsborne:

Try Scarpa Techno X if Vapour's fit you. Similar performance and application as La Sportiva TC Pro, but wider. Also Five Ten Anasazi Guide which is very comfortable, but not very technical nor does narrow cracks.
OP RyanOsborne 19 May 2015
In reply to druss:

Cheers for the ideas, I'll check them out. The other option might be to get my vapours resoled in Stealth C4.

Or get another pair of Vapours and just never use them at the indoor wall so that the edge lasts a bit longer.
 AlanLittle 19 May 2015
In reply to RyanOsborne:

Katana Laces?
 Potemkin 19 May 2015
In reply to RyanOsborne:

I have wide feet and found La Sportiva Miura VS to be both quite stiff and OK for me. But quite expensive. And mostly natural so less stank.
OP RyanOsborne 20 May 2015
In reply to Potemkin:

Cheers, I've never tried on La Sportivas as I was under the impression they were quite thin, so I'll give these a go.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...