UKC

nab crag, thirlmere

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ctodd 20 May 2015
Quick drying? Clean? Any knowledge appreciated.

Thanks

Chris.
 EddieC 20 May 2015
In reply to ctodd:

Lovely setting but cruddy climbing. I went in a March heatwave a few years back and seconded the supposedly three star route, which was dry but pretty dirty. Not worth three stars in that condition, if ever.
 Rick Graham 20 May 2015
In reply to EddieC:
> Lovely setting but cruddy climbing. I went in a March heatwave a few years back and seconded the supposedly three star route, which was dry but pretty dirty. Not worth three stars in that condition, if ever.

So negative.

I went in the mid 90's and had a really good session doing all the routes.

The 3* classic has been climbed this spring ( see logbooks ) without any disparaging remarks.

The crag has a quick descent off the routes but is most easily accessed from the top. As easy as they come for a quick scrub off. Check the bird/ access sites before you go though.

Be quick, I might get there before you.

Edit Just checked FRCC / Bird restrictions. No notices on crag.
Post edited at 16:10
 EddieC 20 May 2015
In reply to Rick Graham:
Fair enough, I was just trying to give an accurate description of how I found it. In a spring of great climbing it stuck out as a rare disappointing route.
Post edited at 17:34
OP ctodd 20 May 2015
In reply to ctodd:

Cheers both.

chris.
 tmawer 21 May 2015
In reply to ctodd:

I was there a few weeks ago and climbed said 3 star classic...and it is. The remaining routes on that butress would probably need a clean before I would get on them so we only did the one route (also rather a strange day weather wise which didn't help!).
 Gael Force 21 May 2015
In reply to ctodd:

Awful crag...best avoided, I have just been to the Queras though, so possibly finding it hard to be inspired by some of the scrappy stuff in the Lakes, couldn't recommend it to anybody though...
OP ctodd 25 May 2015
In reply to Gael Force:

Think "awful crag" is a bit strong - did 'red dwarf' - it was a bit dirty, but really good. The routes to the right looked like would need a clean.

Talking of potentially dirty routes - off topic crag-wise - any knowledge on Extol/Phobos on Dove?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...