UKC

Euro climbing trip at the start of June

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 adam 24 21 May 2015
Hey, I have a the week commencing 8th June off work and am wondering where to go in Europe. I initially though about going to the Dolomites, but i'm thinking it might be too early and little will be in nick; i'm considering Chamonix too, but have the same concerns.

My preference would for long rock climbs with good stuff in the low E range or 6/7 sport.
Trying to keep in on a budget as well so paying for loads of lifts / huts isn't ideal. Would Ailefroide be in good condition now?
 Gael Force 21 May 2015
In reply to adam 24:

Yes, just had an excellent week there...
 beardy mike 21 May 2015
In reply to adam 24:

Dolomites could also be OK depending on what happens over the next weeks - there is a lot of rain at the moment and consequently it's snowing at altitude. Having said that, if the sun comes out and the rock dries off you could be on anyway. Having said all of that, you could always head to the Sarca valley to start with until it melts a bit higher up, or go to the Val di Mello...
In reply to adam 24:

Hi Ailefroide is in now, we didnt have much snow this year, we where up climbing last week on face block and it was to hot, if out this way look at the tete D'aval or some stuff in the cerces

cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...