UKC

Blackstone rock/ The Hermitage Bewdley

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jools050670 22 May 2015
Hi, Has anybody climbed blackstone rock at the hermitage Bewdley?
 TobyA 22 May 2015
In reply to Jools050670:
Yes. I actually led a route there maybe 25 years ago. It didn't go the whole height of the cliff but up to a ledge where there was something to lower off. I have prussiked the whole height of the main cliff though. I did these things when I was kid and knew no better.

Over all my advice would be don't. And further advice, if you're a climber - leave Worcestershire.

If you really can't leave Worcestershire, at least give up on the the sandstone. That way madness lies. You're likely to survive longer if you focus on Southstone Rock instead. Although not necessarily a whole lot longer...
Post edited at 23:29
 Rob Exile Ward 23 May 2015
In reply to TobyA:

I think you are forgetting the cornucopia of good things that is the Malverns...

Had a few near death experiences there in my youth, sadly even the small patches of good stuff we unearthed in the quarries are now overgrown.
OP Jools050670 31 May 2015
In reply to TobyA:

Hi, thanks for your reply and advise, I have climbed southstone and love it out there, I just came across blackstone rock while traveling and just wondered if it was climbable, judging from what you say I will leave it alone.

many thanks
 TobyA 31 May 2015
In reply to Jools050670:

Jools, I'm visiting my parents this weekend which is where my oldest West Midlands guide currently resides, so just for you: https://twitter.com/TobyinHelsinki/status/604959982212259840 All that was ever printed about the 'delights' of Worcestershire sandstone. Click on the picks for bigger versions.
OP Jools050670 05 Jun 2015
In reply to TobyA:

Many thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...