UKC

Android app for Hangboarding / Climbing training

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
peter84 25 May 2015
Hi climbers,

I have developed an Android app specifically for hangboard workouts and other climbing exercises. I hope it is allowed on this forum to tell a little bit about it, as I believe it is a great app for those who like to train effectively. The app is available in the Google Play Store as "Climbing Training Timer". A trial version can be downloaded for free (and is ad free):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.peterbosch.climbingtrainin...

In the app you can customize the number of Exercises, Sets and Reps for your hangboard workout, and select the amount of time for Work, Rest and Breaks (rest between sets). For convenience, the app includes the beginner/moderate/advanced workouts as described in the Rock Climbing Training Manual (RCTM) with permission from the author.
I designed the app to have very clear visuals and sound feedback, such that you can easily use it in the gym. The app can also show hand grips (suggested by the RCTM) during the breaks of the training. The app has a full screen option to clearly see the time, has sound and vibration (both optional) feedback for timer start/end, and automatically pauses when you receive a phonecall.

The other timers in the app are useful for for example timing a rest period during campusboarding, doing rounds of bouldering, timing your ARC training, and performing general fitness exercises (core muscles training).

Despite I spent quite some time in the development of this app, the full version only costs £ 0.79. The app does not contain advertisements, and a trial version to test the full functionality can be downloaded for free.

I hope you will like it, please review the app on Google Play, or leave a message in this topic.

Happy training!
 Fraser 25 May 2015
In reply to peter84:

Your link doesn't work...but this thread will probably be pulled anyway so it might be academic! Good luck.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...