UKC

Tranter Round - early June

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 shantaram 26 May 2015
I'm thinking of doing the Tranter Round with a couple of mates the first weekend in June as a 2 day run with an overnight stop half way. Does anybody know if the remaining snow on the tops might cause any problems? I was thinking the summit of the Ben and Carn Mor Dearg might be potentially difficult with all the late lying snow currently.
 Bob 26 May 2015
In reply to shantaram:

Does depend on what happens in the next couple of weeks but someone attempted the Ramsay round this weekend - here's his summary:

"Coming off Ben Nevis and Aonach Beag was interesting, I was pleased I carried an Ice Axe. (The Aonach Beag Cairn was still under the snow). But I hurt my knee cap coming down to Fersit. I stepped on the wet grass and it just came off and I fall down bashing my knee cap against a boulder, managed to got hold of tussocks to stop myself falling further. It was one leg hop down to Fersit from there. It wasn't broken or dislocated so carried on after taking ibrufen, took nearly 2 hours to get to the top of Stob Coire Sgriodain and after that my stomach wasn't very happy. I was over the 24-hours time then. It was a nice day and I had a company so just had a social walk/jog to Lochleit Lodge ticking over the next 2 tops. By the time I got there rain had started, still went up to do the Mamores section but after Binnein Beag we had a little chat, everyone was a bit uncomfortable in the strong wind and horizontal rain. "
 DaveHK 27 May 2015
In reply to shantaram:

I ran the Mamores on Saturday and that section was fine. The Grey Corries too looked ok so from the acount above it's just the section around the Ben and Aonachs that might cause problems.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...