UKC

Anybody paid by Bank Transfer and not received goods??

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sbc_10 26 May 2015

Evening all,

Got a bit of a problem regarding a gear purchase I made from the Outdoor Gear Exchange UK on Facebook.
The seller wanted me to pay via Bank Transfer and I did so on the same evening as the post was uploaded.
Initially lots of communication, they even gave me an e-mail address because the FB messaging service was not 'reliable' for them. Then...... absolutely nothing for 10 days, even though I have e-mailed several times. The person has been posting on FB within the last day.

How long do I carry on waiting ?? Does a bank transfer offer me any protection or have I been a bit too trusting?
Anybody have any experience of this type of situation? How was it all resolved ?

I would like to give anybody the benefit of the doubt, and I don't want to start accusing but the there is a limit to messing people around and ....oh yes.....the deceitful taking of a sum of my money.

Thanks for any advice or case histories.

Sean

Denni 26 May 2015
In reply to sbc_10:

Hi Sean,
sounds pants mate.

Has only happened to me once, bank wouldn't help me. Transfer went through in an hour, waited a couple of weeks and then reported it to the police who did bugger all.

Hope all is good with you, Den
OP sbc_10 26 May 2015
In reply to Denni:

Cheers Den,
A bit of a waiting game at the moment, but I fear the outcome you described. I am thinking of messaging the 500+ friend list on his Facebook page to explain exactly what type of friend they have.
Still, it could all turn out right and I might regret being apprehensive.

Things good with me and Stu at this end. Just back from the Lakes today after re-visiting a few classic scrambles.
Look after yourself Den, and we may all meet up and chew the fat one day.

Sean.
 snoop6060 26 May 2015
In reply to sbc_10:

If you transfer money direct into someone's account then you better trust them. Or dont care as the amount is so small its not a big deal if they rob you.

I've done it many times and never had issues. But then I've never used facebook, maybe its full of c**nts?
In reply to sbc_10: Nothing for ten days means you've been ripped off.

Contact your bank and learn from this bitter experience that unless you know the person BACS is not the best way to pay.

The Potato 26 May 2015
In reply to sbc_10:

Yup you lost the money, I did the same to some cnut on ukc! Bank wont help you at all.
 Trevers 26 May 2015
In reply to sbc_10:

Don't think there's much you can really do, except try and name and shame them in the group (if you're absolutely sure they've ripped you off deliberately of course) so no-one else gets done.

I've seen a few people posting on that group about people who's ripped them off.
 Kemics 27 May 2015
In reply to sbc_10:

Is it not possible with a facebook name and bank details you could dig up some other details...depends how badly you want justice
 Mr Trebus 27 May 2015
In reply to Pesda potato:

> Yup you lost the money, I did the same to some cnut on ukc! Bank wont help you at all.

Yeah, me to. I only do PayPal and offer to pay the transaction fee if the push back.
In reply to snoop6060:

> If you transfer money direct into someone's account then you better trust them. Or dont care as the amount is so small its not a big deal if they rob you.

> I've done it many times and never had issues. But then I've never used facebook, maybe its full of c**nts

There's no maybe about it.
 elsewhere 27 May 2015
In reply to sbc_10:
Don't immediately accuse them of theft - public message/post to the 500 asking for their help in contacting seller explaining you have paid, not received goods, want refund and ask if the seller is ok. Public shaming might be better than what might like some stranger making wild accusations.
Post edited at 08:49
OP sbc_10 03 Jun 2015
In reply to elsewhere:

Update.

Well, a few direct e-mails and the matter resolved itself.Item arrived...no tracking etc...even though I'd asked specifically.
2 1/2 weeks to post ?? mmmm?? ,needs to be a bit better if you are selling items. Cited mis-understanding of my messages...mmmmm??....it is possible to confirm things via modern digital communications.......

Still didn't go down the public shaming route...but was close. I suppose it is an option that is difficult to reverse once you have unloaded your outrage globally. Still, it's a funny old business this 'business' thing.
Thanks for the messages above.

Sean.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...