UKC

Budget Accomodation/Campsite- Trossachs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Totally-Normal 26 May 2015
I'm looking to take a small group up to the Trossachs for a week this summer but being completely unfamiliar with the area, I would be grateful for a recommendation for a budget bunkhouse/camping barn in the area. A lot of what I have already found seems to be tailored towards the WHW crowd and is too nice and thus expensive for what we need. Surely there is somewhere a bit more spartan? Ideally we would be able to hire out an individual room.

Alternatively any recommendations for a decent campsite would also be appreciated.

Many thanks,

TN
In reply to Totally-Normal:

Trossachs cover a big area,can you be more specific?
In reply to nickinscottishmountains:

Apologies for the vagueness, I'll confess to having gone north of the border- I know a heinous crime but that's partly why I'm planning this. I've been asked to plan a week for a group to gain some logbook experience prior to them attended Mountain Leader training. I initially thought the Loch Lomond area as its less travel distance, but I've just been scanning some maps and wondering whether I'd be better off heading further north to Glencoe? seem to be a few more options for bunkhouses up there as well.

So in terms of location I'm fairly flexible but I need to get the accommodation booked as I've got to get some paperwork in.

Many Thanks,
TN

OwenM 27 May 2015

You could try www.wigwamholidays.com/Strathfillan_Wigwam_village handy for the Ben Lawers group, Tarmachans, Ben More area. Should be enough for a week there.
 skog 27 May 2015

A club I used to be in has a hut at Crianlarich, good for small groups and well-placed for much of the Southern Highlands, from the Trossachs to Glencoe or across to Loch Tay. You might want to check whether it's available:

http://www.ochils.com/content/view/6/25/

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...