UKC

Le Mur des Lamentations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I visited Isatis the other day and noticed that the tree which used to be at the base of Le Mur des Lamentations (f7B+), and is visible in this video of a chap doing it in 2008 for instance

youtube.com/watch?v=ZEg-J1reQQ4&

has now disappeared, as in this video of some Scandinavian lass doing it in 2014.

Is this well known and I just missed it? I know the tree was a nuisance, but chopping it down seems a bit Wrinkled Retainer to me.

jcm
 Beardyman 27 May 2015
In reply to johncoxmysteriously:

I noticed it gone on my 2012 trip. It could be that the roots were damaged by erosion and trampling, they were certainly exposed before. I do suspect that someone just pulled it down though. I'm not really a fan of this behavior but it did get in the way.
Rigid Raider 27 May 2015

Wit 'til ISIS take up rock climbing - they'll be chipping, bolting, painting holds and cutting trees down.
 Trangia 27 May 2015
In reply to Rigid Raider:
Surely they will be blowing up all boulders? And then will move on to blowing up all classic climbs and Alpine and Himalayan routes?
Post edited at 15:30
Rigid Raider 27 May 2015

So what famous climbs will they modify and what names will they give the new routes?

Presumably anything Christmas related will be renamed "Eid"?

Missed the link, I see. Here it is.

> vimeo.com/112154861

Le Mur des L is at 13 something. Interesting beta she has, strong young men seem to do it with rather more joyous bounds; she's static and uses intermediates and technique and stuff. ALmost gives us weakies hope.

jcm
 Mike Highbury 28 May 2015

> Missed the link, I see. Here it is.

So that's our new definition of weak, is it?

Top video, cheers for the link!

BTW I changed the embed code to allow timestamps on Vimeo on YouTube a while back like this:
vimeo.com/112154861#t=13m13s

I've always wanted to do this problem but trying at the end of the trip last time was not a good idea

The holds higher up are sharp as hell!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...