UKC

Cleaning my boots

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bouldery bits 27 May 2015
Makes me far happier than is reasonable.

Does anyone else get a weird enjoyment out of looking after gear?
 tehmarks 28 May 2015
In reply to bouldery bits:

I honestly thought this was going to be a thread asking how to clean boots! I'm glad you haven't totally destroyed my faith in humanity.
 Trangia 28 May 2015
In reply to tehmarks:

Since you mention the subject though, who else carries a washing up brush in their sack to clean your boots off in a puddle at the end of a day? It's quick and easy, no accumulated mud drying on the boots - no faffing about under a tap when you get home, and a great way to recycle your old washing up brushes.
 nathan79 28 May 2015
In reply to Trangia:

One brush lives in the car, one brush lives in the van, a third lives in my bootbag!

drmarten 28 May 2015

> Makes me far happier than is reasonable.

> Does anyone else get a weird enjoyment out of looking after gear?

No.
In reply to Trangia:

What a good idea, I'd honestly never thought of it
 Flinticus 28 May 2015
In reply to Trangia:

No, though I do swish them back & forth in the last pool / stream I come to (as long as i know I won't be wading through muck right up to the car)

Maybe I'll stick a brush in the car.
lauraperrry 28 May 2015

I like to invest in <a href="http://www.panaz.com/healthcare/">waterproof fabrics</a> where I can.
 ogreville 28 May 2015

Can I post you all my kit to wash, clean, wax, oil and return to me folded and in size/brand order please?

I thought the best way to look after kit was to buy it, never maintain it, wait till it falls apart then buy a nice new shiny one to replace it

My mate kindly waxed my wife's walking boots once, using his bare, waxy, fingers. Should the three of us appear on Jeremy Kyle's show?
 JohnnyW 28 May 2015

Yes, I do. It's the feeling of 'right, that's the job properly done now....ready for next time'

On the flip side is the feeling of unease if I leave things a day or two.......

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...