UKC

State of Wallsend, Portland?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dandan 28 May 2015
I've been eyeing up the logbooks for Wallsend recently and fancy revisiting, I've not been down there for a good few years, but I noticed that some comments on the crag suggest that a large portion of it has suffered mudslides and other damage in the last couple of years, does anyone have any idea of the current state of things?

In reply to Dandan:
Where you thinking of going dan? The main bit of cliff is fine the northern stuff areas have been affected but you can still get to most places from what I saw walking underneath last week just some routes are a bit muddy (mostly around too Hungary for love).

The northern approach is getting worse and worse, when we walked out it was loose dry mud - minging.
Post edited at 09:36
OP Dandan 28 May 2015
In reply to sam.sam.sam.ferguson:

So South is generally ok then? Cool, I was keen to have a look at Too Hungary but not if it's buried under mud!
In reply to Dandan:

I've been keeping an eye on too Hungary. Andy gave me the beta a few years ago but it's been under mud ever since. Think it needs a good clean - from what he's said its good climbing and a worthwhile route. I keep meaning to have a closer look at Hungary but each time I walk past it looks scrappy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...