UKC

Tips for Peak District next week

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 barney800 29 May 2015
I'm going to be in the Peak District next week but the weather forecast looks a bit iffy. Does anyone have any good recommendations for where to go? I reckon I'll be after a decent selection of stuff at V4 and below. Churnet sounds like it might fit the bill. Is it well covered in the new Rockfax guidebook? I wouldn't say no to a spot of company either. I'll have a car and probably a couple of mats if anyone wants to get in touch. I'll also have my harness with me if anyone's keen for some longer climbs. Cheers!
 climber34neil 29 May 2015
In reply to barney800:

I would suggest heading to burbage valley or stanage rather than the churnet, tons of stuff at the grades you are wanting, with quality problems. Also it could depend on where you are staying and if you have transport etc. As far as the weather is concerned, the grit will dry really quickly with a bit of a breeze on it and there are a few places that generally stay dry as well
 climber34neil 29 May 2015
In reply to climber34neil:

Re transport, note to self, read original post properly! Doh
 Offwidth 29 May 2015
In reply to barney800:
This is always worth a look for the Churnett (no posts can mean its not ideal):

http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,10341.250.html

As the forecast is good after monday I wouldnt be going there... much more variety in the major venues.
Post edited at 09:56
OP barney800 29 May 2015
In reply to Offwidth:

Thanks both for the tips. That forecast is much more promising than the one I'd seen before. Looks like quick drying spots are the way to go. Now I just have to get hold of the guidebook and see what takes my fancy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...