UKC

Lakes -warmest May on record

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
6 degrees, May 31st, just waiting for the BBC and all the other warmist propagandists to come out and tell us it has been the hottest May on record.
Ha ha ha ha ha!!! Miles colder than in the past.
 LakesWinter 31 May 2015
In reply to Dave Cumberland:

It's been around a degree below average in NW England this May, minimums have been close to average but maximums have been significantly depressed.
In reply to LakesWinter:

Have just walked back from pub and effing Baltic, 8 deg at my house. This is global cooling.
DC
 Philip 31 May 2015

They have a word for people like you in the Midlands, nesh.
 MonkeyPuzzle 31 May 2015

I feel like you might benefit from a Father Ted-style "Now once more, Dougal: this is weather, this is climate. Weather... Climate..."
In reply to Philip:

> They have a word for people like you in the Midlands, nesh.

"Groupthink" is what some call it.

.. .. the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome .. ..

From wiki:
Swissair[edit]
Aaron Hermann and Hussain Rammal illustrate the detrimental role of groupthink in the collapse of Swissair, a Swiss airline company that was thought to be so financially stable that it earned the title the "Flying Bank.".. .. .. .. .. .. .. . Together, these conditions may have contributed to the poor decision-making process that eventually led to Swissair's collapse.
 Philip 31 May 2015

I wasn't referring to your climate/weather confusion. Just your apparent inability to cope in the extreme cold of a slightly chilly May.
 3leggeddog 31 May 2015
In reply to Philip:

Light dusting of snow on the ennerdale fells this evening. This weekend last year, we recorded 33 degrees C in our backyard

Think you might have understood the "warming" part, but perhaps not grasped all the implications of the word "global" ... ?
 steveriley 01 Jun 2015

Chilly isn't it? Interestingly though, my solar panels had a better May than last year.
In reply to crossdressingrodney:

> Think you might have understood the "warming" part, but perhaps not grasped all the implications of the word "global" ... ?

Precisely my point. If you are aware parts of the Earth over this past year you will know we are not alone in being cold.
Personal experience tells you it contrasts with the propaganda.
 MG 01 Jun 2015
> Precisely my point. If you are aware parts of the Earth over this past year you will know we are not alone in being cold.

POssibly not but globally it appears the last year has been the hottest 12 month period ever. Is this propaganda in your view?

"The average temperature across global land and ocean surface temperatures combined for April 2015 was 0.74°C (1.33°F) higher than the 20th century average. This was the fourth highest for April in the 136-year period of record, but also marks the lowest monthly departure from average since November 2014."
https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/201504

> Personal experience tells you it contrasts with the propaganda.

How does your subjective view of one very small part of the world help you judge whether climate is changing overall?
Post edited at 09:10
 ablackett 01 Jun 2015

If you understand the global bit, perhaps you are having problems with the climate bit? It's global climate change, not "better weather in cumbria!"

Postmanpat 01 Jun 2015
In reply to MG:

> How does your subjective view of one very small part of the world help you judge whether climate is changing overall?

Well, look at the thread on the future of Scottish winter climbing which starts by quoting some not terribly striking temperature numbers for one part of Scotland over 21 years as evidence for warming.

Sauce for the goose and sauce for the gander etc...
 MG 01 Jun 2015
In reply to Postmanpat:

Quite possibly equally misguided. Although Scottish winter climbing does depend on local not global conditions, so perhaps a bit more justifiable.
 Philip 01 Jun 2015
In reply to SteveRi:

> Chilly isn't it? Interestingly though, my solar panels had a better May than last year.

Mine had a worse May than April. The PV anyway, the solar thermal worked better in May.

You may already know, but the PV panels work best when cold, so clear skies and cold air. We did have a lot of cold nights in May this year.
 summo 01 Jun 2015
> Precisely my point. If you are aware parts of the Earth over this past year you will know we are not alone in being cold.

Which parts of the world, are having consistently colder annual averages, year on year?

Or perhaps you can tell your theory to the folks in India just now.
Post edited at 10:42
 SenzuBean 01 Jun 2015

Perhaps the problem is that some people get their knowledge about climate change from the TV, who have severely and inaccurately dumbed it down by calling it "global warming" and leaving it at that. If you actually look at the science and the climate models, you see the global climate as a system, and that what we're doing is adding energy to this system, which produces greater amplitudes (more storms, more severe weather events) with a tiny (the 0.5 degree) increase in mean temperature. Increasing the amplitude increases both the likelihood of greater highs and greater lows - which is exactly what we're having!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...