UKC

What's your week looking like?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Denni 01 Jun 2015
Morning all,
Another exciting week ahead!

What have you got planned this week? Could be work, could be personal, could be exciting dull, whatever, just let the UKC collective know what you're up to.

Me, well back to school so my routine is:

Up at 7, breakfast and play with the girls. Out the door at 0840. 5 year old goes to school then me and the 16 month old have a baby group at 0930-1030, then she sleeps from 11-1, a spot of lunch, play then pick up the eldest at 1520, play, tea, bath and bed then I do exercise. Every day is the same, just insert a different baby group or swimming!

Whatever you get up to, have a grand week
Den
 Dax H 01 Jun 2015
In reply to Denni:

Alarm went off at 0430, in the gym by 0500.
leave gym at 0615 and head to first site.
Arrive in Malham 0715, service pumps and leave at 0915.
arrive at Foulridge 0945 and service pumps and leave at 1045, arrive in Oxenhope 1115 and currently waiting for site operations.
Should be clear of here by 1200 and on to Otley for 1230 and clear of there by 1500 then back to my workshop/office to dump the rubbish and waste oil, re stock my van, do some paperwork and get home by 1900.
shower, eat, and will be in bed by 2100 for the same again tomorrow but on different sites.

Normally only work 8 to 9 hours a day but I go away for 2 weeks 2 weeks today and need to fit 4 weeks work in to 2 weeks. Fortunately I can get site access on weekends too so it's doable.
Moley 01 Jun 2015
In reply to Denni:

Each morning spend a couple of hours checking my grey squirrel traps in the valley (part of red squirrel conservation plan), currently on a beautiful farm that is a pleasure to explore.
But tommorow morning shut squirrel traps for a few days, see below. Visit mother in law in local care home. Shopping for tent food.

Wednesday morning I've decided to drive to Barmouth and do my next section of Cambrian Way over Rhinogs to Beddgelert. Somehow use public transport to return to my car - or hitch!
So today starting to sort out tent, food, kit and bus/train return times.

Friday night a local pub is shutting so community feels duty bound to drink the pub dry.
Saturday - Hangover. Hopefully re-open traps to walk off hangover.

Saturday night up other pub to talk about the night before.
Sunday - free, it's great being retired.

Good week ahead.
Jim C 01 Jun 2015
In reply to Denni:

Got up at 6:00am ,shower, in car by 7:00am at work for 7:30.

8:00 am got call from HR to tell me to come pick up the £2000 of vouchers (actually a Credit card) for my 40 Year service award , and handed me a letter telling me I will be getting an extra months pay (less deductions) in My June salary.

Not the worst day I have had
 Philip 01 Jun 2015
In theory:

Up at 6, breakfast, tea, warm up milk for my son, get him up, shower while my wife dresses him, get dressed, make 2 packed lunches, out the house at 7:15, nursery 7:30, work 7:55

In reality:

Wake at 5:45 cold, she stole the covers. Switch off alarm (set for 6:10), try and warm up. Get out of bed at 6:20. Eat breakfast while making tea and warming milk, run up stairs with milk for toddler who's not adjusting to using a duvet and is cold. Shower while wife plays with toddler instead of dressing him or having her breakfast. Make lunches, encourage wife to dress him faster regardless of his views on jumpers. Out the house at 7:25, nursery 7:35, work 8:05.

Work all day until 5.

In theory:
Leave work at 5, nursery 5:20, home 5:35, kitchen cleaned and dinner prep started, toddler fed. Bath 6:30 (him not me), more milk, bed 7:00, our dinner 7:30. In the garden/greenhouse by 8.

In reality:
Leave work 5:10, nursery 5:30(ish), home 5:50. Toddler fed, kitchen not tidied, dinner not started, toddler showered (quicker) and ready for bed 6:30 (not good to save time here as more potential for getting messy before bed). 7:00 toddler in bed, 8:00 our dinner, 8:30 toddler stops talking to himself and goes to sleep, 9:30 kitchen finally tired, 10:30 in bed, 11:00 wife comes to bed after shower and I pretend to have been sleeping and not watching Netflix.
 Bob Hughes 01 Jun 2015
In reply to Denni:

I'm supposed to be speaking at a conference later this week but got an email today saying the organisers have been talking sh*t about us to our customers so we're considering pulling the rip cord. I either get a few easy days at a conference in a city I like or I get to enjoy the bank holiday I would have missed. So the week is shaping up pretty well either way.
 Timmd 01 Jun 2015
In reply to Denni:
Tonight I'm doing course work towards my Forest Schools level 3 qualification. Tomorrow I'm feverishly emailing and ringing people to try and organise my voluntary practical experience towards the same, and going up Winhill with my Dad.

On Wednesday I'm doing a day in my role as Volunteer Community Conservation Ranger with a local conservation charity, essentially pottering about with two of the staff doing stuff and helping them out.

Thursday more course work for FS course, and hopefully no more feverish emailing and ringing round.

Friday is personal stuff I'm not divulging.
Post edited at 18:11
 Yanis Nayu 01 Jun 2015
In reply to Dax H:

> Alarm went off at 0430, in the gym by 0500.

> leave gym at 0615 and head to first site.

> Arrive in Malham 0715, service pumps and leave at 0915.

> arrive at Foulridge 0945 and service pumps and leave at 1045, arrive in Oxenhope 1115 and currently waiting for site operations.

> Should be clear of here by 1200 and on to Otley for 1230 and clear of there by 1500 then back to my workshop/office to dump the rubbish and waste oil, re stock my van, do some paperwork and get home by 1900.

> shower, eat, and will be in bed by 2100 for the same again tomorrow but on different sites.

> Normally only work 8 to 9 hours a day but I go away for 2 weeks 2 weeks today and need to fit 4 weeks work in to 2 weeks. Fortunately I can get site access on weekends too so it's doable.

Did you program a shit into any of that?
ceri 01 Jun 2015
In reply to Denni:
Up at 6, sort self, walk dogs, feed animals, syringe feed anorexic chicken, bike to uni, various lecture s including a particularly incomprehensible one on neurological conditions in pigs, bike home, walk dogs, feed chicken, sit around on ukc , make dinner, washup, walk dogs, feed animals, go to bed.
 Andy Farnell 01 Jun 2015
In reply to Denni: looks like I'm off to the N. Yorks moors...

Andy F

Tall Clare 01 Jun 2015
First part of the week: dog-wrangling, telephone calls, sewing, spreadsheets, buying groceries, knitting. Second part of the week: being barked at by Hungarian woman in Milan.

Trangia 01 Jun 2015
In reply to Denni:

Today up at 6.30 am. Muesli and yoghurt fro breakfast washed down with Redbush tea.

Changed the bed sheets and put them in wash.

Went to Doctor's surgery to collect a prescription.

Went to Tesco to do some food shopping. Stopped in cafe fot a capuccino and read the i paper. Looked at used cars in a show room on way home - tempted by an Audi TT ot Mercedes E Type Coupe..... Checked bank balance on iPhone and abandoned the idea.....

Back home. Wore new walking boots around the house, and made a ham roll. Walked into the old town (about 2 miles) to lead a Health Walk along the sea front - another 1.5 miles. Coffee with the walkers in a cafe afterwards. Got a lift home. Went on line to check UKC forum. Made a cup of tea. Researched the costs of flights and car hire for up coming holiday in Dolomites. Now about to make supper, watch some TV and bed at about 10 pm.

Tomorrow have a locksmith coming to alter front door locks. In evening going for supper at my girl friend's house

Wednesday meeting my son for a meal at Heathrow - he lives in South Africa and is en route back from USA with an 8 hour stop over at Heathrow. Keeping day free to spend time with him.

Thursday leading another Health Walk in the town, then out with friends for a meal in the evening.

Friday leading yet another Health Walk - this time in the country.

Saturday going for a 10 mile country walk with the Ramblers.

Sunday going climbing on Southern Sandstone.

It's a hard life being retired!
 Yanis Nayu 01 Jun 2015
In reply to Tall Clare:

> Second part of the week: being barked at by Hungarian woman in Milan.

I'd pay good money for that...
In reply to Denni:

Last day of long weekend with my children at great cabin by Loch Tay,amazing snow on Lawers today as we left for Perth,took them to a museum in Perth and slightly to my surprise they found me in photos in the museum,then we went swimming.Returned home to £1200 boiler repair bill (I am in the wrong job) and returned my bedroom furniture to its rightful place after impromptu change of colour last week.

Quick day at the part time job tomorrow plus a lunch date,hoping to climb Wednesday,then taking my children to after school swimming Thursday,then heading north Friday maybe via a mountain to return to earth with a bump Saturday morning 8am sharp for 12 hour shift dealing with whatever attends the ED....
In reply to Denni:

Sorry missed you earlier in year,are you in Cromarty again soon?
 Yanis Nayu 01 Jun 2015
In reply to Denni:

Trying to do as little work as possible while making final preparations for my trip to Moscow and Minsk next week - trip to make glorious cultural exchange. Got plans so far to meet 6 friends, watch 2 ballets and an opera, visit 2 art galleries and do a road trip round Belarus which I'm hoping will involve bribing a police officer for maximum authenticity.
 Timmd 01 Jun 2015
In reply to Yanis Nayu:
> I'd pay good money for that...

Yup, I've just met a Hungarian woman if Clare wants to come to Sheffield to practice.
Post edited at 21:01
 marsbar 01 Jun 2015
In reply to Denni:

Today meeting to apologise to someone at work I shouted at.
Tomorrow do not shout at anyone at work
Wednesday have a meeting about why I shouldn't shout at people at work even when I really want to and why I should comply with boring tedious unnecessary stuff without shouting at people.
Thursday keep out of the way of anyone who I might shout at at work.
Friday take a deep breath, remember it is nearly the weekend and do not shout at anyone at work.
Weekend celebrate a whole week of not shouting at anyone and hopefully no more meetings about this.
 climbingpixie 01 Jun 2015
In reply to Denni:

Today had a lot of sorting out my CV and looking at role profiles as we're having a restructure at work. Tomorrow I have my phase 1 consultation meeting to find out what's going on with my job. I'm fairly confident that it will be safe but these things are still fairly unsettling to go through.
 David Alcock 01 Jun 2015
In reply to Denni:

MRI tomorrow morning. At last!
abseil 02 Jun 2015
In reply to Denni:

Monday, get up, go to work, go home, eat, sleep.

Tuesday, get up, go to work, go home, eat, sleep.

Wednesday, get up, go to work, go home, eat, sleep.

Thursday, get up, go to work, go home, eat, sleep.

Friday, get up, go to work, go home, eat, sleep.

Saturday, get up, don't go to work, lunch out, go home, sleep.

Sunday, get up, don't go to work, maybe dinner out, go home, continue writing memoirs, sleep.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...