UKC

Wonderland, Swanage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Coley 02 Jun 2015
Hi, just an update on the route for those that have been asking:

http://www.coldmountainkit.com/knowledge/articles/383-wonderland-a-very-bri...

All the best.
 jezb1 02 Jun 2015
In reply to David Coley:

Having spent a little time climbing in Swanage, the thought of traversing the Ruckle fills my mind with dread!

Effort
OP David Coley 04 Jun 2015
In reply to jezb1:

Hi,
The route stays away where possible from the blocks near the top and the soft rock in the break, so it amazingly solid.
In reply to David Coley:

How long have you guys been doing this? Got a predicted finishing date?
In reply to sam.sam.sam.ferguson:

Did half of it last year during the winter. Stopped for the summer. Did the rest this winter. Almost finished. But the bird bad is stopping us. The ban finishes on the 1st Aug. So will complete it then, assuming I'm not in the Alps.

We have done it in twelve natural sections as we assumed most people would not want to (or be able to) do it in one push. It is well worth doing. It will probably be E1, but won't know until will pull that last move.

I've written a mini-guide to it however we could really do with a set of photos for the topos. Pete has volunteered to take these if anyone has a boat! I'm told this would be hard in a kayak. So does anyone have access to a small fishing boat or equivalent? It would be a great help. Thanks.
 jungle 04 Jun 2015
In reply to David Coley:

Great work Dave. I can't wait to get on this once you've finished it! I've been in love with the Ruckle ever since I fell off Finale Groove and had to prussik out last year on my first ever outdoor trip! (lot's of valuable lesson's learned that day)

Do you have any ideas what you guys are going to call it?
 The Ivanator 04 Jun 2015
In reply to jungle:

I was wondering the same myself.
In reply to jungle:

> Do you have any ideas what you guys are going to call it?

Wonderland (This year is the 150th anniversary of Carroll's Alice in Wonderland)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...