UKC

Private wall/training facility North Manchester

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JackPalmieri 02 Jun 2015
Hello,

Looking to get some more climbing or training in with limited free time available. Anyone know of any private facilities in the Bury area open to new members? Keen to get some hours in before work or in the evening closer to home. I understand why all the established walls in general aren't open early doors and why it might not be appropriate just to give someone access outside of the walls opening hours but find it a great pity.

Anyone know for sure whatever happened to Bury climbing centre? I wasn't impressed at the time but can't help but wish it had stayed open.

Oldsign 03 Jun 2015
In reply to JackPalmieri:
This is east facing and should catch the first rays of sun... No good if it's lashing though.

Birtle Boulder
Post edited at 00:17
OP JackPalmieri 03 Jun 2015
In reply to Oldsign:

Cheers for the info. May check it out in the future.
 Bulls Crack 03 Jun 2015

Climb Rochdale in the evening?
OP JackPalmieri 03 Jun 2015
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Thank you, that is another option and probably my closest wall, although I don't climb there really as working in Manchester makes other walls more accessible after work.

I'm climbing or training quite a lot, maybe 4 times a week down the wall, but keen to get some more sessions in without it impacting on home life too much.
 Bulls Crack 04 Jun 2015

I've started going to Rockover at lunchtime. Partly because when I work in Manc its 10 minutes from where I work and secondly I can't take paying the full price to spend time in a sweaty shed full of plastic!
 galpinos 04 Jun 2015

You'll just have to wiat for the Depot to open in Trafford then all your prayers will be answered!
OP JackPalmieri 04 Jun 2015
In reply to galpinos:

Yes, it looks like it's going to be pretty good. Until then it's Stockport, or get the wheels in motion and actually build a home wall/board.
 galpinos 04 Jun 2015

It's Sockport and a Beastmaker in the loft for me. The Depot will be closer so that'll be ideal.

I just need to come to terms with the fact it's not the facility but the quantity and quality of my training that's the issue!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...