UKC

Conditions on Aonach Eagach

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Jason2301 02 Jun 2015
Hi I'm shaw this has be asked a lot but can anyone help with conditions on AE ? We are looking to do poss Thursday onwards and would be grateful for some info on condition, crampons and axe? Thanks all.
 petestack 02 Jun 2015
In reply to Jason2301:

> crampons and axe?

Nope (in spite of the unseasonal snow)... maybe a boat!

Jason2301 02 Jun 2015
In reply to petestack:
Hi snow clear on AE then?
 petestack 02 Jun 2015
In reply to Jason2301:

Not necessarily 100% clear but, no, I wouldn't take crampons and axe.
Jason2301 02 Jun 2015
In reply to petestack:

Thanks
 ablackett 02 Jun 2015
In reply to Jason2301:

It's quite a bit lower than the bigger peaks which are still holding a lot of snow, I drove past it on Saturday and it looked clear of snow and ice. Obviously keep an eye on the weather, and the freezing level, but I would have thought that you would be ok without crampons.
 petestack 02 Jun 2015
In reply to ablackett:

> I drove past it on Saturday and it looked clear of snow and ice.

We had a fresh dump of hill snow on Monday (1 June), but pretty well gone again at that level.
Jason2301 02 Jun 2015
In reply to petestack:

Thanks again great help
 AlH 02 Jun 2015
In reply to Jason2301:
Not clear of snow but there is no old refrozen stuff on it. It will be wet, soft unconsolidated stuff making it very slippery. Its cold and snowing up there just now, going to be cold tomorrow and cold enough for more snow showers probably until thursday afternoon. Not pleasant. Heading past on my way to Buachaille Etive Mor tomorrow. Will try to remember to update in evening or check my blog: http://alanhalewood.blogspot.co.uk
Just saw a photo of Glencoe taken this afternoon. Snow probably limited to highest parts of Ridge.
Post edited at 22:45

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...